(Added by Ordinance No. 187370, effective October 7, 2015.)
A. Upon the declaration of a Housing Emergency, the authority over all bureaus, departments, and other City offices shall remain as most recently delegated by the Mayor under Portland City Charter Section 2-302 unless the Mayor directs otherwise by written executive order.
B. Upon the declaration of a Housing Emergency, in addition to any other powers that may be exercised by a local government, the Council may:
1. Utilize City owned resources;
2. Designate persons to coordinate the work of public, private, or nonprofit relief agencies responding to the housing emergency;
3. Provide temporary or permanent housing by purchase, lease or otherwise;
4. Order such other measures as may be necessary to protect the life, safety and health of persons, property or the environment;
5. Direct the expeditious issuance of permits necessary to address issues that arise from the emergency;
6. Enter into contracts to the extent authorized by Charter Sections 8-104 and 8-105;
7. Waive Portland City Code regulations or administrative rules to the extent necessary to respond to the housing emergency; and
8. Activate emergency plans.