A. No vehicle shall operate as a TNC Vehicle unless it has been affiliated with an approved TNC Company and TNC Driver.
B. Vehicle Registration, Insurance, and Business License. A non-digital fax or photocopy of the vehicle’s registration and proof of insurance shall be kept in every TNC Vehicle, pursuant to ORS 806.011. In addition, the City requires proof of TNC insurance and proof of a TNC Driver’s business license number be kept in every TNC Vehicle.
C. Trade Dress Signage. Trade Dress Signage is required for each TNC Vehicle in operation. The Trade Dress Signage shall be clearly visible from the front and rear of the vehicle from a distance of 20 feet and shall be placed on the interior or exterior of vehicle body, but not on the roof and shall not obscure any of the driver’s views, vehicle lights, or obscure the view of any mirrors, and cannot exceed four square feet.
D. The consumption of alcohol and smoking of any substance, including but not limited to e-cigarettes, vapor cigarettes or prescription drugs that may impair your ability to operate a vehicle safely, shall be prohibited in any TNC Vehicle.
E. Vehicle Operating Conditions. In determining whether a TNC vehicle meets the vehicle condition requirements, the vehicle shall at all times be maintained in good repair and appearance, which includes the following:
1. All TNC Vehicle equipment and devices shall be properly equipped and maintained in good working order;
2. At all times, TNC Vehicles shall include the following properly functioning components: a horn, lights, (including turn signals, back-up signals and interior lights) windshield wipers, windshield washers, interior/dome lights, heating/air conditioning systems, odometer, speedometer and mufflers, tail pipes or other exhaust components that prevent unnecessary noise and smoke emissions;
3. The TNC Vehicle body shall be free of major damage and broken or cracked equipment, including but not limited to, windows, lights, light covers, and reflectors;
4. The TNC Vehicle shall be free of dirt, grease, grime, glue, rips, stains or tape. This shall apply to the vehicle’s paint, upholstery, windows, floorboard and integrated parts of the vehicle’s body;
5. The TNC Vehicle shall not include missing nor makeshift parts for vehicles, including but not limited to, fenders, hood, trunk lid, doors, door handles, windows, chrome or rubber strips, upholstery, ashtrays, or carpeting; and shall not be equipped with studded tires while providing TNC Services, and;
6. Safe condition shall require that the vehicle is in compliance with the standards contained in ORS Title 59, Oregon Vehicle Code, Chapters 801 through 823.
F. Mandatory Compliance. TNC Vehicle shall be made available to compliance audits and enforcement actions upon request by the Director, authorized city personnel or law enforcement officers pursuant to Chapter 16.40.