A. Transferring Credentials. Transferring TNC Driver or TNC Vehicle credentials from one driver or vehicle to another shall be prohibited.
B. TNC Drivers shall carry a non-digital fax or photocopy proof of TNC insurance pursuant to ORS 806.011 and a copy of vehicle registration at all times while operating as a TNC Driver. Upon request of the Director or law enforcement officer, TNC Drivers shall present proof of a valid TNC primary automobile insurance policy and vehicle registration.
C. Portland Business License. TNC Drivers shall carry documentation of the driver’s City of Portland Business License as required by Chapter 7.02 at all times while operating as a TNC Driver.
D. Driver Conduct. No TNC Driver shall:
1. Allow another person to use his/her TNC Driver certification
2. Drive or allow another person to drive a TNC Vehicle without a valid driver’s license while the vehicle is being used to provide TNC Services;
3. Operate any TNC Vehicle while consuming, or while under the influence of intoxicants, or in a careless or reckless manner or in a manner contrary to the laws of the City of Portland or the State of Oregon;
4. Operate any for-hire transportation vehicle if impaired by any legally-prescribed or over-the-counter drugs or medications;
5. Use a vehicle in the commission of any crime;
6. Use or broadcast profane or obscene language offensive to the passenger while operating a for-hire transportation vehicle;
7. Consume any intoxicant or smoke of any substance while operating a TNC Vehicle;
8. Allow any passenger to consume an intoxicant or smoke any inside a TNC Vehicle;
9. Defraud a passenger in any way;
10. Be discourteous to a passenger;
11. Drive passengers to their destination by any other than the most safe and efficient route, unless requested to do so by the passenger;
12. Operate any TNC Vehicle while using a mobile communications device without a hands-free accessory as defined in ORS 811.507(1);
13. Refuse to transport to a requested destination within the City of Portland to any passenger of proper demeanor whose request for service has been accepted on the TNC App, and;
14. Provide private for-hire transportation after driving more than 12 hours in any given 24-hour period.
E. Street-Hails, Taxi Stands, Hotel Zones and Loading/Unloading Zones.
1. A TNC Driver shall only accept rides booked through an affiliated TNC App and shall not solicit or accept street-hails or stop in any City-approved taxi zones, and;
2. A TNC Driver may not park a TNC Vehicle in a Hotel Zone or Loading/Unloading Zone.
F. Mandatory Compliance. TNC Drivers shall submit to compliance audits and enforcement actions upon request by the Director, any authorized city personnel or law enforcement officers pursuant to Chapter 16.40.
G. Driver Reporting. Every TNC Driver shall report any of the following events to the Director and to all affiliated TNCs within 24 hours of its occurrence:
1. Any arrest, charge, or conviction of the driver for any criminal offense, or any traffic violation, that occurs during, or arises out of, the driver’s operation of a for-hire transportation vehicle;
2. Any arrest, charge or conviction of the driver for any criminal offense involving theft, robbery, burglary, assault, sex crimes, drugs, or prostitution;
3. Any vehicle crash involving any vehicle operated as for-hire transportation by the driver; and
4. Any restriction, suspension or revocation of the driver’s motor vehicle driver’s license.
H. Suspension or Revocation of Certified TNC Drivers. If a TNC certification is suspended or revoked by the Director, the affiliated TNC shall be contacted by the Director. TNC Drivers and Vehicles without current, valid certification by the Director shall not be allowed to operate as a TNC Driver and shall not have access as a TNC Driver to the affiliated TNC app.