A. Transferring Credentials. Transferring Executive Town Car Driver or Executive Town Car Vehicle credentials from one driver or vehicle to another shall be prohibited.
B. Executive Town Car Drivers shall carry a non-digital fax or photocopy proof of company insurance pursuant to ORS 806.011 and a copy of vehicle registration at all times while operating as an Executive Town Car Driver. Upon request of the Director or law enforcement officer, Executive Town Car Drivers shall present proof of a valid primary automobile insurance policy and vehicle registration.
C. Portland Business License. Executive Town Car Drivers shall carry documentation of a City of Portland Business License as required by Chapter 7.02 at all times while operating as an Executive Town Car Driver.
D. Driver Conduct. No Executive Town Car Driver shall:
1. Allow another person to use his/her Executive Town Car Driver certification;
2. Drive or allow another person to drive an Executive Town Car Vehicle without a valid driver’s license while the vehicle is being used to provide Executive Town Car Services;
3. Operate any Executive Town Car Vehicle while consuming, or while under the influence of intoxicants, or in a careless or reckless manner or in a manner contrary to the laws of the City of Portland or the State of Oregon;
4. Operate any for-hire transportation vehicle if impaired by any legally-prescribed or over-the-counter drugs or medications;
5. Use a vehicle in the commission of any crime;
6. Use or broadcast profane or obscene language offensive to the passenger while operating a for-hire transportation vehicle;
7. Consume any intoxicant or smoke of any substance while operating a Executive Town Car Vehicle;
8. Allow any passenger to consume an intoxicant or smoke any inside a Executive Town Car Vehicle;
9. Defraud a passenger in any way;
10. Be discourteous to a passenger;
11. Refuse to issue a fully completed receipt, in digital or paper form, for a fare paid if one is requested;
12. Operate any Executive Town Car Vehicle while using a mobile communications device without a hands-free accessory as defined in ORS 811.507(1);
13. Refuse to provide Executive Town Car Services to any passenger of proper demeanor whose request for service has been accepted by the Executive Town Car Company Dispatch, or reservation service or Executive Town Car Driver from a designated hotel zone, and;
14. Provide private for-hire transportation after driving more than 12 hours in any given 24-hour period.
E. Maximum hours of driving. No person shall provide private for-hire transportation services after driving more than 12 hours in any given 24-hour period.
F. Street-Hails, Taxi Stands, Hotel Zones and Loading/Unloading Zones.
1. All requests for service shall be received and accepted through the dispatch or online and/or mobile app reservation services.
2. An Executive Town Car Driver may not accept street-hails received within in the City of Portland, with the exception of from designated hotel zones and as approved by the Port of Portland at the Portland International Airport.
3. Other than for drop off, an Executive Town Car Driver may not park an Executive Town Car Vehicle in a Hotel Zone or Loading/Unloading Zone prior to 15 minutes before pick up for a dispatch or request for service. The dispatch call/request for service must be documented in accordance to Section 16.40.340 and available for review by the Director or law enforcement officer.
G. Mandatory Compliance. Executive Town Car Drivers shall submit to compliance audits and enforcement actions upon request by the Director or law enforcement officers pursuant to Chapter 16.40.
H. Driver Reporting. Every Executive Town Car Driver shall report any of the following events to the Director and to all affiliated Executive Town Car Companies within 24 hours of its occurrence:
1. Any arrest, charge, or conviction of the driver for any criminal offense, or any traffic violation, that occurs during, or arises out of, the driver’s operation of a for-hire transportation vehicle;
2. Any arrest, charge or conviction of the driver for any criminal offense involving theft, robbery, burglary, assault, sex crimes, drugs, or prostitution;
3. Any vehicle crash required to be reported to the State of Oregon involving any vehicle operated as for-hire transportation by the driver; and
4. Any restriction, suspension or revocation of the driver’s motor vehicle driver’s license.
I. Suspension or Revocation of Certified Executive Town Car Drivers. If an Executive Town Car certification is suspended or revoked by the Director, the affiliated Executive Town Car Company shall be notified by the Director. Executive Town Car Drivers and Vehicles without current, valid certification by the Director shall not be allowed to operate as an Executive Town Car Driver.