A. No vehicle shall operate as a NEMT Vehicle unless it has been certified by the Director and is affiliated with a permitted NEMT Company and NEMT Driver.
B. Vehicle Registration, Insurance, and Business License. A non-digital fax or photocopy of the vehicle’s registration and proof of insurance shall be kept in every NEMT Vehicle, pursuant to ORS 806.011. In addition, the City requires proof of a NEMT Driver’s business license registration, as required by Chapter 7.02, and shall be kept in every NEMT Vehicle.
C. Identification of NEMT Vehicles. Every NEMT Vehicle shall meet the following identification requirements to operate as a NEMT Vehicle:
1. Every NEMT Vehicle must prominently display on both sides of the vehicle the following information:
a. The full name of the NEMT Company;
b. The company-assigned NEMT Vehicle number;
c. The telephone number of the NEMT Company where services can be requested; and
d. the letters “NEMT.”
E. The consumption any intoxicant or smoking of any substance shall be prohibited in any NEMT Vehicle.
F. Vehicle Operating Conditions. In determining whether a NEMT Vehicle meets the vehicle condition requirements, the vehicle shall at all times be maintained in good repair and appearance, which includes the following:
1. All NEMT Vehicle equipment and devices shall be properly equipped and maintained in good working order.
2. At all times, NEMT Vehicles shall include the following properly functioning components: a horn, lights, (including turn signals, back-up signals and interior lights) windshield wipers, windshield washers, interior/dome lights, heating/air conditioning systems, odometer, speedometer and mufflers, tail pipes or other exhaust components that prevent unnecessary noise and smoke emissions.
3. The NEMT Vehicle body shall be free of major damage and broken or cracked equipment, including but not limited to, windows, lights, light covers, top light and reflectors.
4. NEMT Vehicles shall be free of dirt, grease, grime, glue or tape. This shall apply to the vehicle’s paint, upholstery, windows, floorboard and integrated parts of the vehicle’s body.
5. The NEMT Vehicle shall include no missing nor makeshift parts for vehicles, including but not limited to, fenders, hood, trunk lid, doors, door handles, windows, chrome or rubber strips, upholstery, ashtrays, or carpeting; and shall not be equipped with studded tires.
6. Safe condition shall require that the vehicle is in compliance with the standards contained in ORS Title 59, Oregon Vehicle Code, Chapters 801 through 823.
G. Mandatory Compliance. NEMT Vehicles shall be made available for compliance audits and enforcement actions upon request by the Director or law enforcement officers pursuant to Chapter 16.40.