A. Application. An applicant for a Pedicab Company permit shall submit to the Director:
1. A completed application on a form supplied by the Director;
2. Proof of registration with the Secretary of State for any corporate, LLC or LLP entity;
3. Proof of registration with the Secretary of State for any assumed business name, along with a listing of the registrant of such;
4. A list of all persons or entities with more than 10 percent stock ownership if the company issues stock certificates;
5. If the applicant Pedicab Company is individually owned, the name, business address (or home address if no business address), telephone number and date of birth of the owner;
6. If the applicant Pedicab Company is a corporation, partnership or other business entity, the names, business addresses, telephone numbers, and date of birth of the person or persons vested with authority to manage or direct the affairs of the legal entity in Portland (“Authorized Representative”) or to bind the legal entity in dealings with third parties, and any other information that the Director may reasonably require;
7. The applicant Pedicab Company’s Zero-Tolerance Drug Policy;
8. The applicant Pedicab Company contact information, and;
9. A nonrefundable application fee.
B. Compliance with Secretary of State’s Rules. No permit will be issued unless the company is validly registered with the Secretary of State, including all assumed business names.
C. Insurance. All Pedicab Company permit holders shall comply with pedicab insurance requirements pursuant to Section 16.40.760. All Pedicab Companies shall file a certificate of liability and applicable endorsements with the Director that evidences insurance coverage and terms that are in compliance with the requirements.
D. Director’s Review Process. After receiving a completed Pedicab Company application form and upon successful completion of all the requirements pursuant to Section 16.40.750, the Director shall review the application in order to make a recommendation to the Commissioner-in-Charge for approval or denial.
E. Application Approval. Upon approval by the Commissioner-in-Charge, the Director may be directed to issue a Pedicab Company permit.
F. Application Denial. The Application shall be denied for any of the following:
1. The Pedicab Company applicant fails to submit all required information and documentation, including valid proof of insurance;
2. The Pedicab Company applicant provides dispatch services to anyone other than affiliated Pedicab Drivers meeting the requirements set forth in Chapter 16.40 without prior approval by the Director;
3. The Pedicab Company applicant leases, permits, or otherwise allows other entities not affiliated with the Pedicab Company and certified by the Director to operate pedicab services;
4. The application has a material misstatement or omission;
5. The Pedicab Company application is incomplete;
G. Denial Appeal. If the application is denied, the applicant Pedicab Company may appeal the decision to the Code Hearings Officer under the provisions of Chapter 22.10.
H. Providing Pedicab Services. Pedicab Services shall only be provided by a permitted Pedicab Company.
I. Certification of Pedicab Drivers. The Pedicab Company shall regularly provide a list of applicant pedicab drivers affiliated with the permitted Pedicab Company for Director certification that drivers meet requirements in Sections 16.40.760 and 16.40.770. Pedicab Drivers shall be certified by the Director prior to providing pedicab services on behalf of an affiliated Pedicab Company and drivers not meeting all required conditions will not be certified as a permitted Pedicab Driver and will not be allowed to operate as a Pedicab Driver. Such requirements include:
1. Criminal and Driver Background Checks;
2. Valid Driver License or government-issued photo identification;
3. Pedicab Driver Business License Number; and
J. Pedicab Driver Re-certification. The Pedicab Company shall provide a list of applicant drivers for re-certification to the Director within one month prior to the Pedicab Driver certification expiration. Applicant drivers shall meet all conditions and be consistent with Pedicab Driver certification requirements pursuant to Sections 16.40.760 and 16.40.770. Drivers not meeting all such conditions will not be re-certified as a Pedicab Driver and shall not be allowed to operate as a Pedicab Driver.
K. Certification of Pedicab Vehicles. The Pedicab Company shall regularly provide a list of applicant vehicles affiliated with the permitted Pedicab Company for Director certification that vehicles meet requirements pursuant to Section 16.40.750 Pedicab Vehicles shall be certified by the Director and affiliated with a permitted Pedicab Company prior to being used to provide Pedicab Services. Vehicles not meeting all required conditions will not be certified as a permitted Pedicab vehicle and will not be allowed to operate as a Pedicab Vehicle. Such requirements include:
1. Vehicle safety and condition;
2. Pedicab Company general liability insurance;
L. Term of Certification of Pedicab Vehicles. Certifications for Pedicab Vehicles provided by the Director shall be valid for a term of one year from date of certification.
M. Pedicab Vehicle Re-certification. The Pedicab Company shall provide a list of applicant vehicles for re-certification to the within one month prior to the Pedicab Vehicle certification expiration. Applicant vehicles shall meet all conditions and be consistent with Pedicab Vehicle certification requirements pursuant to Subsection 16.40.750 D.-E. for re-certification. Vehicles not meeting all such conditions will not be re-certified as a Pedicab Vehicle and shall not be allowed to operate as a Pedicab Vehicle.
N. Denial Appeal. If a Pedicab Driver or Pedicab Vehicle certification is denied, suspended or revoked by the Director, the applicant driver may appeal the decision to the Code Hearings Officer under the provisions of Chapter 22.10.
O. Right to a Permit. The Pedicab Company’s ability to satisfy the criteria for a Pedicab Company permit does not create a right to a Pedicab Company permit.
P. Transferring Permits. Transferring permits shall be prohibited.
Q. Removal of Pedicab Drivers and Pedicab Vehicles from affiliated Pedicab Company. Pedicab Companies shall provide to the Director notification of affiliated Pedicab Drivers that have been prohibited from providing Pedicab services by the affiliated Pedicab Company and Pedicab Vehicles that have been removed from the fleet of the affiliated Pedicab Company as changes occur.
R. Operating at the Port of Portland. Pedicab Companies, Drivers, and Vehicles are prohibited from operating at the Portland International Airport without specific permission or approval from the Port of Portland.