A. Pedicab Vehicle Certification. The Pedicab Company shall regularly provide a list of applicant vehicles affiliated with the permitted Pedicab Company for Director certification that vehicles meet all requirements pursuant to Chapter 16.40. Vehicles shall be certified by the Director and affiliated with a permitted Pedicab Company prior to being used to provide Pedicab service. Vehicles not meeting all required conditions shall not be certified and will not be allowed to operate as a Pedicab Vehicle.
B. Term of Certified Pedicab Vehicle. Certifications for Pedicab Vehicles provided by the Director shall be valid for one year from the date of the initial certification. The Pedicab Company shall provide a re-certification to the Director annually prior to the certification expiration and within one month of the expiration date on a form approved by the Director.
C. Application Process. Applications for Pedicab Vehicle certification shall be made directly to an affiliated Pedicab Company. Pedicab Company will regularly provide to the Director a Pedicab Driver and Vehicle Application List, pursuant to certification requirements, that the vehicle meets all requirements before the vehicle shall operate as a Pedicab Vehicle on a form approved by the Director.
D. Pedicab Vehicle Safety Requirements. Pedicab Vehicles shall satisfy the following conditions when operating between dusk and dawn:
1. Make use of working battery-powered lights;
2. Be equipped with one headlight capable of projecting a beam of light for a distance of at least 500 feet;
3. Be equipped with two red taillights mounted on the right and left area of the pedicab’s rear;
4. Exceed manufacturer’s limits on the amount of weight the pedicab vehicle may safely carry, and;
5. No bicycle or tricycle may operate as a pedicab by pulling any kind of cart, trailer or other enclosed seating contraption behind the bicycle or tricycle.
E. Pedicab Vehicle Condition. Each Pedicab Vehicle shall:
1. Be kept in safe condition and good repair, and;
2. Be kept clean and in good appearance.
F. The consumption any intoxicant or smoking of any substance shall be prohibited in any Pedicab Vehicle.
G. Mandatory Compliance. Pedicab Vehicles shall be made available for compliance audits and enforcement actions upon request by the Director or law enforcement officers pursuant to Chapter 16.40.