A. Transferring Credentials. Transferring Pedicab Driver or Pedicab Vehicle credentials from one driver or vehicle to another shall be prohibited.
B. Pedicab Drivers shall carry a non-digital fax or photocopy proof of Pedicab Company insurance pursuant to ORS 806.011 and a valid driver’s license or government-issued photo identification at all times while operating a Pedicab Vehicle. Upon request of the Director or law enforcement officer, Pedicab Drivers shall present proof of a valid Pedicab Company insurance policy and driver’s license or government-issued photo identification.
C. Driver Conduct. No Pedicab Driver shall:
1. Allow another person to use his/her Pedicab Driver certification
2. Drive or allow another person to drive a Pedicab Vehicle without a valid driver’s license or government-issued photo identification while the vehicle is being used to provide Pedicab Services;
3. Operate any Pedicab Vehicle while consuming, or while under the influence of intoxicants, or in a careless or reckless manner or in a manner contrary to the laws of the City of Portland or the State of Oregon;
4. Operate any for-hire transportation vehicle if impaired by any legally-prescribed or over-the-counter drugs or medications;
5. Use a Pedicab Vehicle in the commission of any crime;
6. Use or broadcast profane or obscene language offensive to the passenger while operating a for-hire transportation vehicle;
7. Consume any intoxicant or smoke of any substance while operating a Pedicab Vehicle;
8. Allow any passenger to consume an intoxicant or smoke any inside a Pedicab Vehicle;
9. Defraud a passenger in any way;
10. Be discourteous to a passenger;
11. Refuse to issue a fully completed receipt, in digital or paper form, for a fare paid if one is requested;
12. Drive passengers to their destination by any other than the most safe and efficient route, unless requested to do so by the passenger;
13. Operate any Pedicab Vehicle while using a mobile communications device without a hands-free accessory as defined in ORS 811.507(1);
14. Provide private for-hire transportation after driving more than 12 hours in any given 24-hour period.
D. Mandatory Compliance. Pedicab Drivers shall submit to compliance audits and enforcement actions upon request by the Director or law enforcement officers pursuant to Chapter 16.40.
E. Driver Reporting. Every Pedicab Driver shall report any of the following events to the Director and to all affiliated Pedicab Companies within 24 hours of its occurrence:
1. Any arrest, charge, or conviction of the driver for any criminal offense, or any traffic violation, that occurs during, or arises out of, the driver’s operation of a for-hire transportation vehicle;
2. Any arrest, charge or conviction of the driver for any criminal offense involving theft, robbery, burglary, assault, sex crimes, drugs, or prostitution;
3. Any vehicle crash required to be reported to the State of Oregon involving any vehicle operated as for-hire transportation by the driver; and
4. Any restriction, suspension or revocation of the driver’s motor vehicle driver’s license.
F. Suspension or Revocation of Certified Pedicab Drivers. If a Pedicab certification is suspended or revoked by the Director, the affiliated Pedicab Company shall be notified by the Director. Pedicab Drivers and Vehicles without current, valid certification by the Director shall not be allowed to operate as a Pedicab Driver.