(Amended by Ordinance No. 187678, effective May 13, 2016.) For purposes of this Chapter, the following definitions apply:
A. “City” means the City of Portland as defined in Title 1 of the Code of the City of Portland.
B. “Employer” means any person or entity who directly or through an agent employs another for a position being performed a majority of the time within the City of Portland, but does not include:
1. The United States Government;
2. The State of Oregon and any office, department, agency, authority, institution, association, society or other body of the state, including the legislature and the judiciary;
3. Any political subdivision of the State of Oregon or any county, city, district, authority, public corporation or public entity other than the City of Portland; or
4. Employers with fewer than six employees.
C. “Employ” means to engage or use the personal service of another person on a full-time, part-time, temporary or seasonal basis, where the Employer reserves the right to control the means by which such service is performed.
D. “Conditional Offer of Employment” means any offer for a position that is conditioned solely on:
1. The results of an Employer’s inquiry into or gathering of information about a person’s arrest or conviction history; and/or
2. Some other contingency expressly communicated to the applicant at the time of the offer.