(Amended by Ordinance Nos. 181669 and 187150, effective July 1, 2016.) This Chapter applies to all New Development throughout the City of Portland. The amount of the Parks and Recreation SDC shall be calculated according to this section, using the rates set forth in the SDC Methodology Report.
A. Except as otherwise provided in this Chapter, a Parks and Recreation SDC shall be imposed upon all New Development for which an Application is filed on or after the effective date of this ordinance.
B. The Applicant shall at the time of Application provide the Administrator with the information requested on an SDC application form regarding the previous and proposed use(s) of the property, including the following:
1. A description of each of the previous and proposed uses for the property for which the Permit is being sought--with sufficient detail to enable the City to calculate dwelling units and square footage for the entire property under the previous use and for the proposed use(s) of the New Development.
2. For residential uses--the number of residential dwelling and the square footage of each dwelling unit.
3. For non-residential uses--the square footage for each occupancy use type (i.e., office, retail, etc.).
C. Except as otherwise provided in this Chapter, the amount of the SDC due shall be calculated by determining the number of dwelling units, square footage of each dwelling unit, and square footage of non-residential development for the previous use(s) of the property and the number of dwelling units, square footage of each dwelling unit, and square footage of non-residential development for all of the proposed use(s); calculating the total SDC for the previous use(s) and the proposed uses(s); and subtracting the total SDC for the previous use(s) from the total SDC for the proposed use(s) to arrive at the net Park SDC due. If the previous use(s) were vacant for more than 50 percent of the 5 years prior to the date of the application, the SDC shall be the full amount of the SDC for the proposed use(s) and no reduction shall be made for previous use(s).
D. Notwithstanding any other provision, the dollar amounts of the SDC set forth in the SDC Methodology Report are based on 2013 values and shall be adjusted on July 1, 2016 and thereafter annually on July 1st to account for changes in the costs of acquiring and constructing parks facilities. The adjustment factor shall be based on:
1. the percent change in average market value of residential and commercial land in the City, measured from Tax Year 2013-14, annually, to the most recent annual tax year report, according to the records of the Multnomah County Tax Assessor,
2. the portion of Rate Group growth costs for land identified in Subsection 17.13.020 Z.,
3. the percent change in average construction costs measured from 2013, annually, to the quarter prior to the rate change, according to the Engineering News Record (ENR) Northwest (Seattle, Washington) Construction Cost Index, and
4. the portion of Rate Group growth costs for improvement identified in Subsection 17.13.020 Z.
The adjustment factor for each Rate Group shall be determined as follows:
Percent change in Land Value multiplied by the Rate Group’s Land Portion (percent)
+ Percent change in Construction Cost Index multiplied by the Rate Group’s Development Portion (percent)
= Park SDC Rate Group Adjustment Factor
The resulting Adjustment Factor shall be multiplied by the adopted SDC rates by Rate Group and added to the base charges.
E. Notwithstanding any other provision, the adjustment shall not exceed a total of 12 percent in any consecutive two-year period. This shall be calculated by dividing the proposed new rate by the rate of two years prior. If the resulting change is greater than 12 percent, the rate shall be set at 12 percent variance from the rate of two years prior.