A. Transferring Credentials. Transferring Taxi Driver or Taxi Vehicle credentials from one driver or vehicle to another shall be prohibited. Failure to comply with this Subsection A. is a Class B violation subject to penalties provided in Sections 16.40.930 through 16.40.950.
B. Taxi Drivers at all times shall carry the following while operating as a Taxi Driver and provide the following upon request of a law enforcement officer or Director:
1. A non-digital copy of Taxi Company insurance pursuant to ORS 806.011 and a copy of the vehicle registration;
2. A non-digital copy of the driver’s City of Portland business license as required by Chapter 7.02.;
3. A valid state-issued driver’s license; and
4. A valid, original, City of Portland driver permit.
5. Failure to comply with this Subsection B. is a Class D violation subject to penalties provided in Sections 16.40.930 through 16.40.950.
C. Driver Conduct. No Taxi Driver shall:
1. Allow another person to use their Taxi Driver certification;
2. Drive or allow another person to drive a Taxi Vehicle without a valid driver’s license, driver permit, and company certification while the vehicle is being used to provide taxi services;
3. Operate any Taxi Vehicle while consuming, or while under the influence of intoxicants, or in a careless or reckless manner or in a manner contrary to the laws of the City of Portland or the State of Oregon;
4. Operate any PFHT vehicle if impaired by any legally prescribed or over-the-counter drugs or medications;
5. Use a vehicle in the commission of any crime;
6. Use or broadcast profane or obscene language offensive to the passenger or other persons while operating a PFHT vehicle;
7. Consume any intoxicant, smoke any substance or use any device that produces a smoke-like vapor while operating a Taxi Vehicle;
8. Allow any passenger to consume an intoxicant or smoke any substance or use any device that produces a smoke-like vapor inside a Taxi Vehicle;
9. Defraud a passenger in any way;
10. Be discourteous to a passenger;
11. Refuse to issue a fully completed receipt, in digital or paper form, for a fare paid if one is requested;
12. Drive passengers to their destination by any route other than the safest and efficient route, unless requested to do so by the passenger;
13. Operate any Taxi Vehicle while using a mobile communications device without a hands-free accessory as defined in ORS 811.507(1);
14. Refuse to transport to a requested destination within the City of Portland any passenger of proper demeanor whose request for service has been accepted by the Taxi dispatch or Taxi Driver; and
15. Provide PFHT services without a valid City of Portland permit or certification.
D. Maximum Hours of Driving. No person shall provide PFHT services after driving more than 12 hours in any given 24-hour period.
1. A Taxi Driver may accept street-hails in all locations including the following locations: taxi stands, hotel zones, and loading/unloading zones.
2. Other than for drop off, a Taxi Driver may not park a Taxi Vehicle in a hotel zone prior to 15 minutes before pick up for a dispatch or request for service. The dispatch call/request for service must be documented in accordance with Section 16.40.140 and available for review by the Director or law enforcement officer.
3. Failure to comply with this Subsection E. is a Class D violation subject to penalties provided in Sections 16.40.930 through 16.40.950.
F. Mandatory Compliance. Taxi Drivers shall submit to compliance audits and enforcement actions upon request by the Director or law enforcement officers pursuant to Chapter 16.40.
G. Driver Reporting. Every Taxi Driver shall report any of the following events to the Director and to all affiliated Taxi Companies within 24 hours of its occurrence:
1. Any arrest, charge, or conviction of the driver for any criminal offense, or any traffic violation;
2. Any arrest, charge or conviction of the driver for any criminal offense involving theft, robbery, burglary, assault, sex crimes, drugs, or prostitution;
3. Any vehicle crash required to be reported to the State of Oregon involving any vehicle operated as PFHT by the driver; and
4. Any restriction, suspension, or revocation of the driver’s motor vehicle driver’s license.
H. Unless otherwise noted, failure to comply with any provision in Section 16.40.180 is a Class B violation subject to penalties provided in Sections 16.40.930 through 16.40.950.