A. Transferring Credentials. Transferring Executive Town Car Driver or Executive Town Car Vehicle credentials from one driver or vehicle to another shall be prohibited. Failure to comply with this Subsection A. is a Class B violation subject to penalties provided in Sections 16.40.930 through 16.40.950.
B. Executive Town Car Drivers shall carry:
1. A paper copy of Executive Town Car company insurance pursuant to ORS 806.011 and a copy of the vehicle registration always while operating as an Executive Town Car Driver. Upon request of the Director or law enforcement officer, Executive Town Car Drivers shall present proof of a valid primary automobile insurance policy and vehicle registration;
2. A City of Portland Business License, when operating as an independent contractor, as required by Chapter 7.02 at all times while operating as an Executive Town Car Driver; and
3. A valid state issued driver’s license while operation as an Executive Town Car Driver;
4. City of Portland Driver Permit. Drivers must carry a valid, original, City of Portland driver permit at all times while operating an Executive Town Car Vehicle.
5. Failure to comply with Subsection B. is a Class D violation subject to penalties provided in Sections 16.40.930 through 16.40.950.
C. Driver Conduct. No Executive Town Car Driver shall:
1. Allow another person to use their Executive Town Car Driver certification;
2. Drive or allow another person to drive an Executive Town Car Vehicle without a valid driver’s license, driver permit, and company while the vehicle is being used to provide Executive Town Car Services;
3. Operate any Executive Town Car Vehicle while consuming or while under the influence of intoxicants or operate it in a careless or reckless manner or in a manner contrary to the laws of the City of Portland or the State of Oregon;
4. Operate any PFHT vehicle if impaired by any legally prescribed or over-the-counter drugs or medications;
5. Use a vehicle in the commission of any crime;
6. Use or broadcast profane or obscene language offensive to the passenger or other persons while operating a PFHT vehicle;
7. Consume any intoxicant, smoke any substance, or use any device that produces a smoke-like vapor while operating an Executive Town Car Vehicle;
8. Allow any passenger to consume an intoxicant, smoke any substance, or use any device that produces a smoke-like vapor inside an Executive Town Car Vehicle;
9. Defraud a passenger in any way;
10. Be discourteous to a passenger;
11. Refuse to issue a fully completed receipt, in digital or paper form, for a fare paid if one is requested;
12. Operate any Executive Town Car Vehicle while using a mobile communications device without a hands-free accessory as defined in ORS 811.507(1);
13. Refuse to provide Executive Town Car services to any passenger of proper demeanor whose request for service has been accepted by the Executive Town Car company dispatch or reservation service or Executive Town Car Driver from a designated hotel zone; and
14. Provide PFHT services without a valid City of Portland permit or certification.
D. Maximum Hours of Driving. No person shall provide PFHT services after driving more than 12 hours in any given 24-hour period.
E. Street-Hails, Taxi Stands, and Hotel Zones.
1. All requests for service shall be received and accepted through the dispatch or online and/or mobile app reservation services.
2. An Executive Town Car Driver may not accept street-hails received within in the City of Portland, with the exception of designated hotel zones and as approved by the Port of Portland at the Portland International Airport.
3. Other than for drop off, an Executive Town Car Driver may not park an Executive Town Car Vehicle in a hotel zone prior to 15 minutes before pick up for a dispatch or request for service. The dispatch call/request for service must be documented in accordance with Section 16.40.340 and available for review by the Director or law enforcement officer.
F. Mandatory Compliance. Executive Town Car Drivers shall submit to compliance audits and enforcement actions upon request by the Director, any authorized city personnel, or law enforcement officers pursuant to Chapter 16.40.
G. Driver Reporting. Every Executive Town Car Driver shall report any of the following events to the Director and to all affiliated Executive Town Car Companies within 24 hours of its occurrence:
1. Any arrest, charge, or conviction of the driver for any criminal offense, or any traffic violation;
2. Any arrest, charge, or conviction of the driver for any criminal offense involving theft, robbery, burglary, assault, sex crimes, drugs, or prostitution;
3. Any vehicle crash required to be reported to the State of Oregon involving any vehicle operated as PFHT by the driver; and
4. Any restriction, suspension, or revocation of the driver’s motor vehicle driver’s license.
H. Unless otherwise noted, failure to comply with any provision in Section 16.40.380 is a Class B violation subject to penalties provided in Sections 16.40.930 through 16.40.950.