A. Transferring Credentials. Transferring Shuttle Driver or Shuttle Vehicle credentials from one driver or vehicle to another shall be prohibited.
1. Failure to comply with this Subsection A. is a Class B violation subject to penalties provided in Sections 16.40.930 through 16.40.950.
B. Shuttle Drivers shall carry:
1. A paper copy of company insurance pursuant to ORS 806.011 and a copy of the vehicle registration at all times while operating as a Shuttle Driver. Upon request of the Director or law enforcement officer, Shuttle Drivers shall present proof of a valid Shuttle primary automobile insurance policy and vehicle registration.
2. A paper copy of the driver’s City of Portland Business License, when operating as an independent contractor, as required by Chapter 7.02 at all times while operating as a Shuttle Driver.
3. A valid state issued driver’s license while operating as a Shuttle Driver.
4. A City of Portland driver permit. Drivers must carry a valid, original City of Portland driver permit at all times while operating a shuttle vehicle.
5. Failure to comply with this Subsection B. is a Class D violation subject to penalties provided in Sections 16.40.930 through 16.40.950.
C. Driver Conduct. No Shuttle Driver shall:
1. Allow another person to use their Shuttle Driver certification.
2. Drive or allow another person to drive a Shuttle Vehicle without a valid driver’s license, driver permit, and company certification while the vehicle is being used to provide Shuttle services.
3. Operate any Shuttle Vehicle while consuming, or while under the influence of intoxicants, or in a careless or reckless manner or in a manner contrary to the laws of the City of Portland or the State of Oregon.
4. Operate any PFHT vehicle if impaired by any legally prescribed or over-the-counter drugs or medications.
5. Use a vehicle in the commission of any crime.
6. Use or broadcast profane or obscene language offensive to the passenger or other persons while operating a PFHT vehicle.
7. Consume any intoxicant, smoke any substance, or use any device that produces a smoke-like vapor while operating a Shuttle Vehicle.
8. Allow any passenger to consume an intoxicant or smoke any substance, or use any device that produces a smoke like vapor, inside a Shuttle Vehicle.
9. Defraud a passenger in any way.
10. Be discourteous to a passenger.
11. Refuse to issue a fully completed receipt, in digital or paper form, for a fare paid if one is requested.
12. Drive Shuttle Vehicles on a route or time schedule other than the route and time schedule of the Shuttle Company, as approved by the Director.
13. Operate any Shuttle Vehicle while using a mobile communications device without a hands-free accessory as defined in ORS 811.507(1).
14. Refuse Shuttle services to any passenger of proper demeanor whose request for service has been accepted by the Shuttle Company or Shuttle Driver along the fixed route and time schedule of the Shuttle Company, as approved by the Director.
15. Provide PFHT services without a valid City of Portland permit or certification.
D. Maximum hours of driving. No person shall provide PFHT services after driving more than 12 hours in any given 24-hour period.
E. Street-Hails, Taxi Stands, and Hotel Zones.
1. A Shuttle Driver may accept street-hails, including from hotel zones, received along the approved route of the Shuttle Company as approved by the Director.
2. Other than for drop off along the Shuttle Company’s approved route and time schedule, a Shuttle Driver may not park a Shuttle Vehicle in a hotel zone prior to 15 minutes before pick up for a dispatch or request for service. The dispatch call/request for service must be documented in accordance with Subsection 16.40.920 D. and available for review by the Director or law enforcement officer.
F. Mandatory Compliance. Shuttle Drivers shall submit to compliance audits and enforcement actions upon request by the Director, any authorized city personnel or law enforcement officers pursuant to Chapter 16.40.
G. Driver Reporting. Every Shuttle Driver shall report any of the following events to the Director and to all affiliated Shuttle Companies within 24 hours of its occurrence:
1. Any arrest, charge, or conviction of the driver for any criminal offense, or any traffic violation;
2. Any arrest, charge, or conviction of the driver for any criminal offense involving theft, robbery, burglary, assault, sex crimes, drugs, or prostitution;
3. The name of the driver, the date and time and location of any vehicle crash required to be reported to the State of Oregon involving any vehicle operated as PFHT by the driver; and
4. Any restriction, suspension, or revocation of the driver’s motor vehicle driver’s license.
H. Unless otherwise noted, failure to comply with any provision in Section 16.40.480 is a Class B violation subject to penalties provided in Sections 16.40.930 through 16.40.950.