A. Transferring Credentials. Transferring LPT Driver or LPT Vehicle credentials from one driver or vehicle to another shall be prohibited.
1. Failure to comply with this Subsection A. is a Class B violation subject to penalties provided in Sections 16.40.930 through 16.40.950.
B. LPT Drivers shall carry:
1. A paper copy of LPT insurance pursuant to ORS 806.011 and a copy of the vehicle registration at all times while operating as an LPT Driver. Upon request of the Director or law enforcement officer, LPT Drivers shall present proof of a valid LPT primary automobile insurance policy and vehicle registration.
2. A paper copy of the driver’s City of Portland business license, when operating as an independent contractor as required by Chapter 7.02 at all times while operating as an LPT Driver.
3. A valid state issued driver’s license while operating as an LPT Driver.
4. A valid, original City of Portland driver permit while operating an LPT vehicle.
5. Failure to comply with this Subsection B. is a Class D violation subject to penalties provided in Sections 16.40.930 through 16.40.950.
C. Driver Conduct. No LPT Driver shall:
1. Allow another person to use their LPT Driver certification.
2. Drive or allow another person to drive an LPT Vehicle without a valid driver’s license, driver permit, and company certification while the vehicle is being used to provide LPT Services.
3. Operate any LPT Vehicle while consuming, or while under the influence of intoxicants, or in a careless or reckless manner or in a manner contrary to the laws of the City of Portland or the State of Oregon.
4. Operate any PFHT vehicle if impaired by any legally prescribed or over-the-counter drugs or medications.
5. Use a vehicle in the commission of any crime.
6. Use or broadcast profane or obscene language offensive to the passenger or other persons while operating a PFHT vehicle.
7. Consume any intoxicant, smoke any substance, or use any device that produces a smoke-like vapor while operating an LPT Vehicle.
8. Allow any passenger to consume an intoxicant or smoke any substance, or use any device that produces a smoke-like vapor inside an LPT Vehicle.
9. Defraud a passenger in any way.
10. Be discourteous to a passenger.
11. Refuse to issue a fully completed receipt, in digital or paper form, for a fare paid if one is requested.
12. Operate any LPT Vehicle while using a mobile communications device without a hands-free accessory as defined in ORS 811.507(1).
13. Refuse LPT services to any passenger of proper demeanor whose request for service has been accepted by the LPT Company or LPT Driver.
14. Provide PFHT services without a valid City of Portland permit or certification.
D. Maximum hours of driving. No person shall provide PFHT services after driving more than 12 hours in any given 24-hour period.
E. Street-Hails, Taxi Stands, and Hotel Zones.
1. All requests for service shall be received and accepted through the LPT company’s reservation or dispatch services.
2. An LPT Driver may not accept street-hails received within the City of Portland, except as approved by the Port of Portland at the Portland International Airport.
3. An LPT Driver may not utilize taxi stands for drop-off or pick-up.
4. An LPT Driver may not park an LPT Vehicle in a hotel zone more than 15 minutes before pick up of the request for service. The dispatch call/request for service must be documented in accordance to Subsection16.40.920 D. and available for review by the Director or law enforcement officer.
F. Mandatory Compliance. LPT Drivers shall submit to compliance audits and enforcement actions upon request by the Director, any authorized city personnel, or law enforcement officers pursuant to Chapter 16.40.
G. Driver Reporting. Every LPT Driver shall report any of the following events to the Director and to all affiliated LPT Companies within 24 hours of its occurrence:
1. Any arrest, charge, or conviction of the driver for any criminal offense, or any traffic violation;
2. Any arrest, charge, or conviction of the driver for any criminal offense involving theft, robbery, burglary, assault, sex crimes, drugs, or prostitution;
3. Any vehicle crash required to be reported to the State of Oregon involving any vehicle operated as PFHT by the driver; and
4. Any restriction, suspension, or revocation of the driver’s motor vehicle driver’s license.
H. Unless otherwise noted, failure to comply with any provision in Section 16.40.680 is a Class B violation subject to penalties provided in Sections 16.40.930 through 16.40.950.