A. No person shall sell or consume any alcoholic beverage, or possess any open container of alcoholic beverage, in any pedestrian plaza, except under a concession contract or lease, or by permit issued under Chapter 17.24 or 17.25. Such permit may include any conditions as, in the discretionary judgment of PBOT, will promote the preservation of the pedestrian plaza for the peaceful enjoyment of the public at large.
B. No person shall commit any of the following acts in a pedestrian plaza:
1. Sell, distribute, make available or offer to provide a controlled substance or prescription drug to another;
2. Package, possess or store a controlled substance;
3. Transport a controlled substance or materials intended to be used in the packaging of a controlled substance;
4. Solicit another to provide, make available, sell or distribute a controlled substance or prescription drug to any person; or
5. With the intent to engage in any act prohibited by this Section, seek, meet, approach or encounter another.
C. Nothing in Subsection B. of this Section shall prohibit the possession in a pedestrian plaza of medications prescribed to the person or to a person under that person’s care, if and under such conditions as possession of such substance is otherwise lawful.
D. Nothing in Subsection B. of this Section shall prohibit the possession in a pedestrian plaza by any person 21 years of age or older of not more than one ounce of usable cannabis, so long as that cannabis is in a closed container.
E. For purposes of this Section, “controlled substance” shall have the meaning provided in ORS 475.005(6), and “prescription drug” shall have the meaning provided in ORS 689.005(6).