- Negotiations leading to a master Labor Agreement between the City and DCTU that concluded in December 2004 referred certain classification specific matters to "small team negotiations." One of the "small team negotiations" addressed certain terms and conditions for employees in the classification of Parking Code Enforcement Officer.
- A tentative agreement between the parties was obtained on August 23, 2004. DCTU confirmed that it had ratified the tentative agreement in a written communication dated September 8, 2004.
- The agreement continues to apply the principles of total compensation as the basis for bargaining all monetary subjects and considers the wage rate as a component of total compensation. The negotiated wage rate for 2005 will be tied to the Portland CPI-W.
- In addition the adjustment in the wage rate, the title of the classification will be changed to minimize confusion with the title of another classification.
- The terms and conditions shall be reduced to a Memorandum of Agreement, which the Mayor should be authorized to execute.
GENERAL INFORMATION: 503-823-4000