(Amended by Ordinance No. 188972, effective June 29, 2018.)
A. No vehicle shall operate as a TNC Vehicle unless it has been affiliated with an approved TNC and properly displays a trade dress approved by the Director.
B. Vehicle Registration, Insurance, and Business License. A non-digital copy of the vehicle’s registration and non-digital proof of insurance shall be kept in every TNC Vehicle, pursuant to ORS 806.011. In addition, for independent contractors, the City requires proof of TNC insurance and proof of a TNC driver’s business license be kept in every TNC Vehicle. Failure to comply with any provision in this Subsection B. is a Class D violation subject to penalties provided in Sections 16.40.930 through 16.40.950.
C. Trade Dress Signage. Trade dress signage is required for each TNC Vehicle in operation at all times. The trade dress signage shall be clearly visible from the front and rear of the vehicle from a distance of 20 feet and shall be placed on the interior or exterior of the vehicle body, but not on the roof and shall not obscure any of the driver’s views, vehicle lights, or the view of any mirrors, and it cannot exceed four square feet.
D. Vehicle Operating Conditions. In determining whether a TNC vehicle meets the vehicle condition requirements, the vehicle shall at all times be maintained in good condition, repair, and appearance which includes the following:
1. All TNC Vehicle equipment and devices shall be properly equipped and maintained in good working order;
2. At all times, TNC Vehicles shall include the following properly functioning components: a horn, lights, (including turn signals, back-up signals) windshield wipers, windshield washers, interior/dome lights, heating/air conditioning systems, odometer, speedometer and mufflers, tail pipes, or other exhaust components that prevent unnecessary noise and smoke emissions;
3. The TNC Vehicle body shall be free of major damage and broken or cracked equipment, including but not limited to, windows, lights, light covers, and reflectors;
4. The TNC Vehicle shall be free of dirt, grease, grime, glue, rips, stains, or tape. This shall apply to the vehicle’s paint, upholstery, windows, floorboard, and integrated parts of the vehicle’s body;
5. The TNC Vehicle shall not include missing nor makeshift parts for vehicles, including but not limited to, fenders, hood, trunk lid, doors, door handles, windows, chrome or rubber strips, upholstery, ashtrays, or carpeting; and may only be equipped with studded tires during time periods allowed by Oregon Law; and
6. Safe condition shall require that the vehicle is in compliance with the standards contained in ORS Title 59, Oregon Vehicle Code, Chapters 801 through 823.
E. Mandatory Compliance. The TNC Vehicle shall be made available to compliance audits and enforcement actions upon request by the Director, authorized city personnel or law enforcement officers pursuant to Chapter 16.40.
F. Unless otherwise noted, failure to comply with any provision in Section 16.40.260 is a Class B violation subject to penalties provided in Sections 16.40.930 through 16.40.950.