DEPUTY PROGRAM DIRECTOR POSITION UNDER OPEN AND ACCOUNTABLE ELECTIONS PROGRAM
Binding City Policy
Section 1: The Council finds:
1. On December 14, 2016 Council adopted the Open and Accountable Elections Policy, adding Code Chapter 2.16.
2. The intention of the program is to amplify the voices of small dollar contributors during elections, and to allow candidates with modest means and from diverse backgrounds the opportunity to run for office.
3. On March 8th, 2018 through Executive Order of the Mayor, the Open and Accountable Elections Program was assigned to a Commissioner’s office.
4. On March 21st, 2018 Council approved the creation of a position for the Program Director of Open and Accountable Elections.
5. The creation of a second position, Deputy Program Director, is needed to continue the implementation of the program.
6. The position will report directly to the Director of the Program.
NOW, THEREFORE, the Council directs:
a) The number of authorized positions in the FY 2018-19 Adopted Budget is hereby amended to include the following new positions:
Fund – 214
Business Area – SA
Authorized FTE – 1.0
Position Type – Regular
Adding this position will bring total authorized positions in the City to 6,651.30 FTE.
b) Approval of this ordinance includes a technical budget adjustment to move $119,436 from external materials and services to personnel within fund 214000 to fund the additional 1.0 FTE.
c) The actions amending the FY 2018-19 budget contained in this ordinance are binding City policy.
Section 2: The Council declares that an emergency exists because the program must ready for the 2020 election cycle. Therefore, this ordinance shall be in full force and effect from and after its passage by the Council.
Emergency Ordinance No. 189066, passed by City Council and effective July 18, 2018.