(Amended by Ordinance No. 189336, effective January 2, 2019.)
A. The Open and Accountable Elections Fund is established, separate from the General Fund. All monies described in Subsection 2.16.020 E. shall be paid and credited to the Fund. Monies in the Fund shall be invested in the same manner as other City monies, and any interest earned shall be credited to the Fund.
B. The Director shall keep a record of all monies deposited into the Fund and the activity or program against which any withdrawal is charged.
C. If monies credited to the Fund are withdrawn, transferred, or otherwise used for purposes other than the program or activity for which the Fund is established, interest shall accrue on the amount withdrawn from the date of withdrawal and until the monies are restored.
D. Monies in the Fund shall provide, and are continuously appropriated for, the financing of election campaigns of certified candidates for nomination or election to City Office, and the payment of administrative, enforcement, and other expenses of the Director in carrying out the Director's functions and duties under this Chapter.
E. The following will be deposited in the Fund:
1. All amounts appropriated to it by the City Council. The annual impact of the appropriation on the City general fund is limited to two-tenths of one percent of the general fund without raising any new taxes or fees;
2. Any unspent money remaining in a certified candidate's publicly funded campaign account after the candidate is no longer a candidate for a covered office that is returned to the Fund as provided in Section 2.16.100;
3. Any public contribution plus interest returned to the Fund by a participating candidate who withdraws from participation as provided in Section 2.16.110;
4. All interest earned on money in the Fund;
5. Civil penalties and other monies collected under Sections 2.16.160 and .170; and
6. Voluntary donations made directly to the Fund.