(Amended by Ordinance No. 189333, effective February 1, 2019.)
A. Enforcement. The Director is authorized to enforce all provisions of this Chapter.
1. Investigation. The Director has the power to investigate any and all complaints regarding alleged violations of this Chapter.
2. Inspection. The Director may inspect any operator records required to be maintained pursuant to this Chapter. Such records must be made available for inspection during normal business hours within 24 hours of notice by the Director.
3. Delegation. The Director may delegate the authority provided under this Chapter to any City employee or agent thereof.
B. Procedures and forms. The Director may adopt procedures and forms to implement the provisions of this Chapter.
C. Adoption of rules. The Director may adopt rules pertaining to matters within the scope of this Chapter.
1. Before the Director adopts a rule, a public hearing must be conducted. The Director must give notice of the public hearing in a reasonable manner not less than 10 nor more than 30 days before the hearing. The notice must include the place and time of the hearing; where copies of the full text of the proposed rules may be obtained; and a brief description of the proposed rules.
2. During the hearing the Director will consider oral and/or written testimony. The Director will adopt, modify or reject the proposed rule based on the testimony received. Unless otherwise stated, all rules are effective upon adoption by the Director and will be kept on file at the Division. Copies of all rules will be made available to the public upon request.
3. Notwithstanding Subsections 7.25.040 C.1. and 2., the Director may adopt an interim rule without prior public notice upon a finding by the Director that failure to act promptly would result in serious prejudice to the public interest. In so doing, the Director must include the specific reasons for such prejudice. Any rule adopted pursuant to this Subsection will be effective for a period of not longer than 180 days.