A. The Bureau of Technology Services shall be supervised by the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) of the City, who shall report to the CAO. The Bureau of Technology Services shall manage, establish policies and standards, and provide technical support for all City-owned technology systems, communications systems, and all end user technology support services, including Help Desk and Desktop Support services, and citywide Geographical Information Systems, except those specifically exempted by the CTO. The Bureau of Technology Services shall additionally provide citywide printing and distribution management services.
B. The Bureau of Technology Services:
1. Provides citywide technology strategic planning and consulting services, including project scoping, budget preparation and analysis, system planning and procurement, security analysis, resource allocation and project management for technology projects.
2. Designs, implements and manages all technology hardware and software, including on-premises or hosted system and cyber security measures.
3. Designs, implements and manages all citywide communications systems and applications, including the Integrated Regional Network (IRNE).
4. Provides all Internet and Intranet services to City bureaus, offices, boards and commissions and manages the City’s official website, including managing and authorizing all City domain name registrations and renewals.
5. In cooperation with BRFS, reviews and approves the purchase of all technology software, hardware, on premise or hosted systems and professional technology consulting services.
6. Provides technical expertise and information for City technology projects.
7. Provides all telephone services to City bureaus; coordinates with telephone vendors; orders new facilities and equipment for city-owned or leased systems; plan telephone systems; and resolve all telephone problems.
8. Provides rapid, convenient reproduction, distribution and mail services and provide advice and consultation on these services.
9. Reviews and approves requests for the lease or purchase of office copiers/printers, in compliance with procurement requirements in Chapter 5.33.
10. Manages the processing of U.S. mail and pickup and delivery of interoffice mail, packages and equipment.
11. Manages technology systems used to standardize and accomplish the City’s business affairs and providing citywide services in, but not limited to, the areas of fiscal services, procurement and human resources services.
C. The CTO, or designee, shall have specific authority to:
1. Enter into nondisclosure agreements between the City and third parties to review confidential information, including trade secrets and/or information designated as proprietary or privileged, related to systems, applications, software or hardware that may be considered for use by the City.
2. Enter into data grant agreements in consultation with the bureau that is the custodian of record.