(Amended by Ordinance Nos. 180917 and 189635, effective August 31, 2019.)
A. Each of the following employees shall be required to take an oath of office, which oath shall be subscribed by the person taking it and shall be filed and preserved in the office of the City Auditor;
1. Every officer and member of the Bureau of Police, including temporary, and reserve officers;
2. Parking code enforcement supervisors and officers;
3. Each officer and member of Portland Fire & Rescue serving full time and devoting labor exclusively to the interests of the City;
4. Each elected City official;
5. The City Attorney and every deputy City Attorney; and
6. Each deputy City Auditor who administers oaths.
B. The City Council or a City board or commission may require the members of the board or commission to take an oath of office. If an oath of office is required, the Council or the board or commission shall establish requirements for the form, administration, and filing of the oath.