(Added by Ordinance No. 189806, effective December 18, 2019.)
A. Regulated structures and construction activities. The provisions of this Title apply to the following structures and construction activities regardless of when a permit was applied for or approved:
1. Fire safety during construction.
2. Protection of adjoining properties.
3. Temporary use of streets, alleys and public property.
4. Encroachment into the right-of-way.
5. Mechanical equipment not specifically regulated in the Oregon Structural Specialty Code or Oregon Residential Specialty Code.
6. Retaining walls, unless exempt pursuant to Subsection 24.10.072 B.
7. Fences, unless exempt pursuant to Subsection 24.10.072 B.
8. Tanks that are located exterior to and not attached to or supported by a building.
9. Cell phone, radio, television, and other telecommunication and broadcast towers that are not attached to or supported by a building.
10. Flagpoles that are not attached to or supported by a building.
11. Signs not attached to or supported by a building.
12. Ground-mounted photovoltaic arrays.
13. Fixed piers or wharves with no superstructure.
14. Equipment shelters not intended for human occupancy with a building area of 250 square feet or less, designated as Risk Category I or II.
15. Transitional housing accommodations, as defined in ORS 446.265, as amended by House Bill 2916 (2019).
B. Exempt structures. Exemption from the requirements of this Title shall not be deemed to grant authorization for any work to be done in any manner in violation of the provisions of this Title or any other laws or regulations of the City. The following structures are exempt from the provisions of this Title:
1. Fences, except for required barriers around swimming pools, fences not over 7 feet (2134 mm) high and typical field fencing not over 8 feet (2438 mm) high when constructed of woven wire or chain link.
2. Retaining walls that are not over 4 feet in height measured from the bottom of the footing to the top of the wall, unless supporting a surcharge or impounding Class I, II, or IIIA liquids.
3. Water tanks supported directly upon grade if the capacity does not exceed 5,000 gallons (18,927 L) and the ratio of height to diameter or width does not exceed 2 to 1.
4. Swings and other playground equipment.
5. Ground mounted flagpoles, antennae, and similar structures that do not exceed 25 feet in height.