(Amended by Ordinance Nos. 184403, 185065, 187974 and 189878, effective March 4, 2020.)
A. Pursuant to ORS 279A.100, the City may limit competition on Contracts to carry out affirmative action policies, in accordance with policies and procedures established by the City.
B. Pursuant to ORS 279A.105, the City may require a Contractor to subcontract some part of a Contract to, or to obtain materials to be used in performing the Contract from:
1. A business enterprise that is certified under ORS 200.055 as a COBID Certified Firm; or
2. A business enterprise that is:
a. Certified under ORS 200.055 as a COBID Certified Firm; and
b. Is located in or draws its workforce from economically distressed areas, as designated by the Oregon Economic and Community Development Department (OECDD); or
c. Owned or controlled by a disabled veteran, as defined in ORS 408.225.
C. A Subcontractor certified under ORS 200.055 as a COBID Certified Firm is located in or draws its workforce from economically distressed areas if:
1. Its principal place of business is located in an area designated as economically distressed by the OECDD pursuant to administrative rules adopted by the OECDD; or
2. The Contractor certifies in Writing to the City that a substantial number of the Subcontractor’s employees or Subcontractors that will manufacture the Goods or complete the Services under the Contract reside in an area designated as economically distressed by the OECDD pursuant to administrative rules adopted by OECDD. For the purposes of making the foregoing determination, the City shall determine in each particular instance what proportion of a Contractor’s Subcontractor’s employees or Subcontractors constitute a substantial number.
3. The City shall include in each Solicitation Document a requirement that Offerors certify in their Offers in a form prescribed by the City, that the Offeror has not and will not discriminate against a Subcontractor in the Awarding of a Subcontract because the Subcontractor is a COBID Certified Firm under ORS 200.055.
D. The City may sanction a Person from consideration of Award of the City’s Contracts under ORS 200.065 or ORS 200.075 in accordance with Section 5.34.535 and these rules.