LABOR AGREEMENT - DISTRICT COUNCIL OF TRADE UNIONS - INSPECTOR AND PLANS EXAMINER
Binding City Policy
The Council finds:
- Negotiations leading to a master Labor Agreement between the City and DCTU that concluded in December 2004 referred certain classification specific matters to "small team negotiations." One of the "small team negotiations" addressed certain terms and conditions for employees in the classifications of Inspector, Senior Inspector, Plans Examiner and Senior Plans Examiner.
- A tentative agreement between the parties was obtained on August 19, 2004. DCTU confirmed that it had ratified the tentative agreement in a written communication dated September 8, 2004.
- The agreement continues to apply the principles of total compensation as the basis for bargaining all monetary subjects and considers the wage rate and premiums as a component of total compensation. The negotiated wage rate for 2005 will be tied to the Portland CPI-W.
- In addition to the adjustment in the wage rate, this negotiated agreement will provide the bureau additional latitude in wage placement upon recruitment, pre-emptively satisfy impact bargaining on certain certification requirements and provide for the administration of certain premiums.
- The terms and conditions shall be reduced to a Memorandum of Agreement, which the Mayor should be authorized to execute.
NOW, THEREFORE, the Council directs:
a. The Mayor is authorized to execute a Memorandum of Agreement between the City and the DCTU relating to terms and conditions of employment of certain represented employees in the DCTU bargaining unit having the classifications of Inspector, Senior Inspector, Plans Examiner and Senior Plans Examiner.
b. Said Memorandum of Agreement is to conform to the provisions in the Tentative Agreement attached to this Ordinance marked Exhibit "A" which by this reference is made a part hereof.
c. This ordinance is a binding City policy.
Ordinance No. 178813 passed by Council and effective October 13, 2004.