MAINTENANCE PERMIT RULES
Administrative Rule Adopted by Bureau of Transportation Systems Management Pursuant to Rule-Making Authority
1. As authorized by Code Section 16.20.520, maintenance permit allows a person to secure parking space(s) while legitimately engaged in maintenance, service, or repair work.
2. Permitte should be using commercial vehicles while legitimately engaged in maintenance, service, or repair work, which necessitates that the vehicle be adjacent to the job site. This Permit Is Not Intended For Use At Building Remodels Or New Construction.
3. The permitte must agree to the following restrictions and regulations regarding parking meter use:
a) If a van, Truck, or pick-up is using the permit it must have permanent or magnetic signs with the name of the company in letters at least 2" high displayed on both sides of the vehicle. In special circumstances (other than truck, vans or pick-ups) with their license number on the permit may use maintenance zone permits.b) This permit may not be used in 15-minute spaces, where government vehicles are prohibited, truck loading zones or at any curb space not regulated by either a parking meter or pay station.c) The applicant is responsible for lost damaged or stolen permits. There will be a charge of $15.00 to replace a Maintenance permit.
4. Maintenance zone permits are issued on a fiscal year basis (July 1-June 30).
5. On July 1, a fee is required to obtain an annual maintenance permit; thereafter, the fee will be prorated for the remainder of the fiscal year. The yearly fee due on July 1 is $950, and the prorated amount is $79.16 per month.
6. Violation of these restrictions will result in an immediate confiscation of the maintenance permit and an additional fee will be charged.
Filed for inclusion in PPD December 5, 2003.
(Re-indexed by City Auditor October 2005 - formerly indexed as BCP-TRN-3.10)