ANGLE LOADING PERMIT RULES
Administrative Rule Adopted by Bureau of Transportation Systems Management Pursuant to Rule-Making Authority
1. As authorized by Code Section 16.20.540, angle loading permit may be granted by the City Traffic Engineer to facilitate the loading/unloading of vehicles.
2. Consent from affected property owners may be required.
3. When angle parked, the permittee must be actively engaged in loading/ unloading the vehicle.
4. The permit will be authorized when necessary because of the weight or size of the merchandise being loaded/unloaded and the physical constraints of the loading area.
5. No vehicle shall be allowed to remain for a period greater than established by permit.
6. In the case of a tractor and trailer combination, the tractor may be required to be removed and parked separately.
7. Permit must be clearly displayed on each vehicle, as designated by the permit, when loading/unloading the vehicle.
8. Permittee may be required to provide signage at the permittee’s expense.
9. Emergency access to the area must be maintained.
10. Permit remains the property of the City of Portland and must be surrendered upon demand by any authorized officer.
11. There is a $20.00 charge for each permit.
12. Violation of these rules will result in an immediate confiscation and revocation of the permit.
Filed for inclusion in PPD December 5, 2003.
(Re-indexed by City Auditor October 2005 - formerly indexed as BCP-TRN-3.12)