PROHIBITING PARKING AT DRIVEWAYS POLICY
Administrative Rule Adopted by Bureau of Transportation Systems Management Pursuant to Rule-Making Authority
1. Pursuant to Code Section 16.10.080 C., driveway clearances, including reverse clearances, may be installed at the request of the property owner/tenant. Fees shall be charged in accordance with current fee structure.
2. At any driveway, parking may be prohibited to provide an adequate turning radius for vehicles entering and exiting that driveway, at the discretion of the assigned Parking Control Staff.
3. At any driveway, parking may be prohibited to provide an adequate turning radius for vehicles entering and exiting that driveway, at the discretion of the arterial and driveway traffic, at the discretion of the district traffic engineer.
4. The method of implementation (signs, paint, tape) shall be at the discretion of BTSM staff. Signs should be used only if absolutely necessary.
5. Completed, signed driveway clearance applications must be accompanied by a) written proof of support from affected property owners(s) and b) the appropriate fees.
6. There is a $125 charge to install a new driveway clearance and a $85 charge to repaint an existing driveway clearence.
Filed for inclusion in PPD December 5, 2003.
(Re-indexed by City Auditor October 2005 - formerly indexed as BCP-TRN-3.03)