LABOR AGREEMENT - PORTLAND FIRE FIGHTERS ASSOCIATION
Binding City Policy
The Council finds:
- Representatives of the City and the DCTU have signed a Tentative Agreement that outlines the terms and conditions of employment for certain represented employees for the period of July 1, 2005 through June 30, 2007.
- The agreement meets the City’s bargaining interests by securing a two-year successor labor Agreement and agreeing to wage increases, health benefits, modifications in the work-week, certain premiums and other terms and conditions of employment.
- The agreement continues to apply the principles of total compensation as the basis for bargaining all monetary subjects and ties total compensation to the Consumer Price Index. General wage increases will continue to be tied to the Portland CPI-W.
- In addition, the general wage increases premiums for certain specifically identified classifications have been improved and equalized.
- In addition, the average work week for firefighters is reduced to better reflect comparable jurisdictions of a similar size. This feature is phased in at mid-term of the contract to facilitate planning and mitigate the cost impact to the bureau.
- In addition, the agreement makes changes in vacation banking, sick leave provisions, funeral leave, leave for pension board activities and provides for a VEBA plan to be administered by the PFFA.
- The terms and conditions shall be reduced to a labor agreement which the Mayor and Auditor should be authorized to execute.
NOW, THEREFORE, the Council directs:
a. The Mayor and Auditor are authorized to execute a labor agreement between the City and the PFFA relating to terms and conditions of employment of certain represented employees in the PFFA bargaining unit.
b. Said contract to conform to the provisions in the Tentative Agreement attached to this Ordinance marked Exhibit "A" which by this reference is made a part hereof.
c. This ordinance is a binding City policy.
Ordinance No. 179638 passed October 5, 2005 and effective November 4, 2005.