SCHEDULE OF CIVIL PENALTIES UNDER TITLE 16
Administrative Rule Adopted by Bureau of Transportation Systems Management Pursuant to Rule-Making Authority
1. As authorized in Code Section 16.10. & 16.20. all fees, civil penalties, and fines established by authority of this title will be listed in the Bureau of Transportation Management’s Rules and Procedures Manual.
2. Whenever specifically provided in the title, the City Traffic Engineer may asses civil penalties for violations of provisions of Title 16.
3. In determining the amount of civil penalty to be assessed, the City Traffic Engineer shall consider the following criteria:
a) The extent and nature of the violation;b) The benefits, financial or otherwise, accruing or likely to accrue as a result of the violations;c) Whether the violations were repeated and continuos, or isolated and temporary;d) The magnitude or seriousness of the violation;e) The City’s cost of investigating the violation and correcting or attempting to correct the violation; andf) And other relevant factors.
4. All fees, civil penalties, and fines collected by the authority of this Code will be dedicated to the Transportation Operating Fund unless specifically directed otherwise by City Code.
5. Fees not applicable
6. Violation by improper use of an area Parking Permit is a civil penalty of $150.
7. Violation by improper establishment of a traffic control device or curb marketing in the Public Right-of-Way, the adjacent property owner will receive:
a) First occurrence – a letter of warning; if not removed – a civil penalty of $100b) Second occurrence – a civil penalty of $250c) Third occurrence – a civil penalty of $500d) Fourth and additional occurrences – $1000 for each occurrence
8. Violation of Commercial vehicle permit application:
a) First violation – Penalty as imposed by Court Authorityb) Second violation – Penalty as imposed by Court Authority, plus 10 days suspensionc) Third violation - Penalty as imposed by Court Authority, plus 30 days suspensiond) Fourth violation - Penalty as imposed by Court Authority, plus revocation of permit
9. Unofficial Curb Markings: A civil penalty of $100 will be levied to the property owner, as provided for by Title 16, Section 16.20.200. Additional civil penalties for recurrence of the violation(s) will be as follows: second occurrence - $250; third occurrence - $500; fourth and additional occurrence(s) - $1000 each occurrence.
Filed for inclusion in PPD December 5, 2003.
Revised document filed May 19, 2005.
(Re-indexed by City Auditor October 2005 - formerly indexed as BCP-TRN-3.14)