The River Community Advisory Committee is a citizen advisory body of six members who represent a variety of floating structures interests to help the City better provide safe conditions in those structures. Members are apppointed by the Commissioner-in-charge of the Bureau of Development Services for 3-year terms, will meet at least 5 times annually, and will assist BDS with development of procedures and administative guidelines for implementing Title 28.
In particular, the Committee will provide the Director of BDS with the following guidance:
- Leadership and expertise on issues affecting floating structures
- Feedback on potential regulations and administrative rules impact on floating structures in view of general City goals and objectives
- Recommendations for regulatory, code, and administrative rule changes affecting floating structures
- Monitor application and enforcement of regulations for their effectiveness in achieving City goals
- Recommend customer service, permitting, process, and compliance improvements
- Serve as an advisory board on processes and procedures under Title 28
Membership shall include, but not be limited to, a floating home resident, a marina operator, a floating structures contractor, a design professional, a yacht club member and an on-the-water business owner.
Overseeing Bureau: Bureau of Development Services
Contact: Mitch Nickolds, 503-823-1054