Description: The Floating Structures Board will assist in determining the suitability of alternate materials and methods of construction and provide for reasonable interpretation of the provisions of Title 28. It will also hear and rule on appeals for floating structures.
Total seats available: Six
Term length: Two year
Volunteer position description: The Board will be appointed by the Mayor and shall be composed of:
- Three (3) members or their respective alternates from the Building Code Board of Appeal as constituted by Section 24.10.080, and
- Three (3) members or their respective alternates as follows: an architect or engineer knowledgeable in the design of floating structures, a constructor knowledgeable in the construction, maintenance and repair of floating structures, a member at large who is from one of the following interest groups: a for-profit moorage representative,
- non-profit moorage representative,
- a yacht club representative, or
- a floating home resident.
Bureau host: Development Services
Contact: Terry Whitehill, 503-823-7639