Skip to Main Content View Text-Only

The City of Portland, Oregon

Community & Civic Life

Promote the common good

Main: 503-823-4519

City/County Info: 503-823-4000

TDD: 503-823-6868

1120 SW 5th Ave, Suite 114, Portland, OR 97204

Business and Home Modifications for Accessibility

Business and home modifications for accessibility

Many people call our office looking for grant money to make modifications to their homes, churches and non-profit organizations. Unlimited Choices offers some financial assistance for home modification. In our research, we have found no other grant money specifically for modification. Please do let us know if you find any, and we’ll include that information here. Many organizations will have fundraising drives to help offset the cost.

Multnomah County Aging and Disability Services Helpline

211 – Free information social services

(503) 222-5555 Alternative Number

(877) 501-0252 Alternative Number

2-1-1 free information and referral service for the following counties in Oregon: Clackamas, Crook, Deschutes, Jefferson, Lane, Lincoln, Multnomah, Washington and Yamhill. Also serves the following counties in Washington State: Clark, Cowlitz, Skamania and Wahkiakum.

Unlimited Choices

Non-profit that helps people make modifications in their home

Rebuilding Together Portland

Home repairs and modifications for individuals and non-profits
Phone: 503-943-7515
Fax: 503-943-7322

Community Energy Project

In home safety and weathering repairs. Including grab bars

National Association of Home Builders, Certified Aging-in-Place Specialists

Referrals and ideas for home modification options 

TIP: To find an aging-in-place specialist near you, click on the "directory" on the left side of the page and check the "CAPS" box before searching.

National Resource Center on Supportive Housing and Home Modification

Training, education, and resources on home modifications to promote independent living and aging in place


updated: 12/4/19 JJ