Skip to Main Content View Text-Only

The City of Portland, Oregon

Community & Civic Life

Promote the common good

Main: 503-823-4519

City/County Info: 503-823-4000

TDD: 503-823-6868

1221 SW 4th Ave, Suite 110, Portland, OR 97204

Commonly Requested Safety and Livability Phone Numbers

Neighbors who have complaints about crime at a property often have livability concerns as well. Phone numbers and contacts in Portland that can be helpful with problem-solving efforts are listed below.

Reporting Crime:

Report all incidents of crime so that trends may be identified and addressed.For immediate threats to life or property and crimes in progress, contact 9-1-1. For suspicious activity that is not an immediate threat, contact the police non-emergency number at 503-823-3333. If a crime has occurred and the suspect is long gone:

  • Call the police non-emergency number at 503-823-3333.
  • Report online at for crimes meeting the online reporting criteria including some property crimes. Please review what is allowed before you file a report.  If you have information about a suspect, you cannot file online.
  • Use PDX Reporter app to document and report graffiti at Take a photo of graffiti, report and remove it as soon as possible. To learn more about graffiti prevention, reporting and removal, visit  Reporting may change for property owners in the future. 

Do not use PDX Reporter to report crimes besides graffiti. You can also use this app to report street light outages, debris in the roadway, park maintenance issues, plugged storm drains, potholes, complaints about campsites, sidewalk vegetation and trip hazards. 

Contacts for public safety and livability concerns:


Information about a City or County Service


Complaints about a campsite in your neighborhood

Concerns about traffic safety and speeding


Parking enforcement


Housing and Nuisance code violations


(To report trash, tall weeds and debris on a property)

Ongoing issues in Portland parks

Crime Prevention Info/Neighborhood Watch

Complaints about noise or liquor license establishments

General place to report problems in the City

Would you like more information on Public Safety Resources? If so, please see:

Public Safety and Livability Resources-Shortened Version at

For a more comprehensive list: