Above: Disability Art and Culture Project logo
2018 Portland ReelAbilities Film Festival needs
volunteers to join the event’s planning committee
The Disability Art and Culture Project's (DACP) biannual Portland ReelAbilities Disability Film Festival will be held in the spring of 2018. Founded in 2007, ReelAbilities is a national organization dedicated to sharing the stories, lives and art of people with disabilities. DACP is seeking volunteers for its planning committee to be part of this important event.
The festival brings together the community to promote awareness and appreciation of the lives, stories and artistic expressions of people with different abilities. It consists of award-winning films of the highest cinematic and artistic quality and is hosted in cities across the country including Chicago, New York, Atlanta, Boston, Houston and many more.
Committee member responsibilities:
- Screen and rate films, make recommendations for inclusion in our festival
- Attend planning / production meetings
- Follow up with individual tasks and report back to the committee in a timely manner.
- Commit to participation through the event date in May 2018 Active committee members are essential to the success of the event.
The committee will be expected to actively contribute. The DACP is looking for volunteers who:
- Are familiar with the proud disability culture or are willing to learn about it
- Understand disability justice as part of civil rights and intersectional social justice.
- Be willing to accommodate access needs
For more information or to let DACP know of your interest in the planning committee, contact DACP at firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about the ReelAbilities Film Festival, visit its website.
Members of the 2016 ReelAbilities Film Festival Committee
standing at entrance to the Alberta Rose Theatre.