Hosting a National Night Out party in the Portland Parks requires that the host acquire specified insurances and coverage, these requirements are set by Portland Parks and Recreation. Information on obtaining insurance required to use city facilities and venues can be found here: http://www.portlandoregon.gov/bibs/article/422393
- The Permittee is required to provide public liability insurance for bodily injury and property damage in the sum of $2,000,000 naming the City of Portland, its officers and employees as additional insured.
- The Insurance required for your permit may be purchased from a variety of sources. You may choose to purchase from a private agent.
- Many homeowner’s policies or other insurance agencies offer coverage for an event, or a special rider can be purchased.
- The Certificate of Insurance must state the date(s) of coverage, provide public liability for bodily injury and property damage in the sum of $2,000,000, and name the City of Portland, its officers and employees as Certificate holders.
- CG 20 12 11 88
- CG 20 12 11 85
- CG 20 12 07 98
- CG 20 26 07 04
- This insurance is designed specifically for users of city facilities and venues so it meets our agreement requirements and is often more cost effective than options listen above.
- TULIP coverage does NOT require an Additional Insured Endorsement as it is built into the policy.
- Coverage is provided for the majority of events, however large scale events, or events with dangerous or risky activities, may be excluded.
- Catered and Hosted Beer and Wine are included in the basic coverage and do not require the upgraded alcohol insurance.
- Additional Insured Endorsement Letter must be signed by the Authorized Insurance Representative and returned with the Certificate of Insurance. If your agent is unable to sign the City’s Additional Insured Endorsement, they may provide another standardized form such as :
- Tenant Users Liability Policy (TULIP) makes liability and property coverage available for those using city facilities or venues.
Additional Information on the TULIP program can be found here: http://www.portlandoregon.gov/bibs/60224
If you would like to connect with you Neighborhood Association to assist with planning an National Night Out Party, find your Neighborhood Association online at: https://www.portlandoregon.gov/oni/search/index.cfm?. Neighborhood Associations have a working partnership with Portland Parks and Recreation which provides waived park fees for National Night Out, and they provide insurance required by Portland Parks and Recreation to host a National Night Out party.
The following items or activities are not allowed or approved with this permit. Items not listed above or indicated below are not allowed without supervisory approval.
Alcohol is not allowed in a park for National Night Out.
Entrance fees may not be taken.
Fencing is not allowed.
Inflatables or amusement rides and equipment are not allowed.