UPDATE June 11, 2018: The OLCC has released a few important updates about this process, including the following:
- An OLCC cannabis application does NOT need to include a LUCS to be considered "received" by June 15, 2018
- An OLCC cannabis application does NOT need to be "complete" to meet the June 15, 2018 deadline
For more information from the OLCC on these clarifications, you can click here for their full Q&A:
OLCC Will Pause Acceptance of Marijuana License Applications
Focus Will Be on Existing Licensees and Current Applicants
- The Oregon Liquor Control Commission (OLCC) announced that it will temporarily shift licensing staff to exclusively process recreational marijuana license renewals, already submitted applications and new applications received by June 15, 2018.
- Any applications for recreational marijuana submitted to the OLCC after June 15 will be set aside for processing until the OLCC processes outstanding applications and renewals in the queue.
- The temporary suspension of new licenses will allow the OLCC to clear the application backlog and ensure ongoing oversight of the legal marijuana market.
- Medical marijuana grow site registrants are required to start using Oregon’s Cannabis Tracking System.
- Please click here to view full press release.
What does this mean for Cannabis businesses within the City of Portland?
- Currently there are no changes to the City of Portland Cannabis Program’s licensing process!
- We will continue to accept new Marijuana Regulatory License applications and process renewals!
- Keep in mind that City of Portland Marijuana Regulatory Licenses cannot be issued until a location has received their OLCC license!
Questions or Comments?
- You can contact the Oregon Liquor Control Commission’s Recreational Marijuana Program at firstname.lastname@example.org, 800-452-6522 or 503-872-6522
- If you have questions about your City of Portland application, please call the Cannabis Program at 503-823-9333, or email us at email@example.com