Description: The Broadway Corridor Steering Committee advises Prosper Portland and the Portland Housing Bureau on goals for the Broadway Corridor redevelopment project in the River District urban renewal area.
Committee advises bureau director on a limited term.
Total seats available: Not defined
Term length: Not defined
Volunteer position description: Steering Committee members advise Prosper Portland and the Portland Housing Bureau on goals for the project including:
- criteria for and selection of a development partner(s);
- the mix of housing and employment opportunities;
- configuration of streets, parks, and stormwater management;
- priorities for equitable engagement and community benefits, including:
- business and workforce construction equity, and
- equitable practices to ensure benefits for people who have not historically benefited from Prosper Portland’s investments in redevelopment;
- approaches for sustainable development.
Steering Committee will not recruit additional volunteers since specific scope of work ends in April 2019.
Bureau host: Prosper Portland, and Housing
Contact: June Reyes, 503-823-3296