Description: The Vision Zero Task Force is charged with:
- Providing direction to the City and its partners to guide implementation of the Vision Zero Action Plan, including reviewing and informing projects and programs, overseeing that Action Plan commitments are met, and tracking performance measure reporting.
- Acting as a liaison to organizations and agencies, sharing information and soliciting feedback to inform implementation of the Vision Zero Action Plan.
- Engaging with member organizations or agencies with implementation as appropriate.
Task Force advises bureau director on a limited term.
Total seats available: Not defined
Term length: Two year
Volunteer position description: Vision Zero Task Force members are decision‐makers from the Portland region who represent organizations and agencies that are both impacted by, and responsible for, implementation of Portland's Vision Zero Action Plan.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Attend quarterly meetings. If a member cannot attend a meeting that member is requested to invite an alternate to attend.
• Review information before meetings.
• Express concerns, issues and perspectives clearly, honestly and early in the process.
• Provide guidance on Vision Zero action implementation and reporting.
• Act as a liaison to their organizations or agencies.
• Speak about the project to the media and stakeholders in ways that are supportive of the group process.
Bureau host: Transportation
Contact: Clay Veka, 503-823-4998