Description: The Tryon Creek Wastewater Treatment Plant Community Advisory Committee is a community sounding board and recommending body. The Committee reviews plans and advises staff on capital development projects concerning the Tryon Creek Wastewater Treatment Plant.
Committee advises designated bureau staff on a perpetual base.
Total seats available: Seven
Term length: Not defined
Volunteer position description: Members will:
- Support Environmental Services in planning and design of capital development projects related to the TCWTP.
- Review and comment on the project site plans, architecture, landscaping, facility layout, and appearance.
- Provide feedback on presentation and application materials for neighborhood meetings, pre-application meetings, open houses, etc.
- Communicate project goals and details to community contacts.
- Identify opportunities to provide linkages to other projects sponsored by other entities.
- Ensure that public involvement/education plans and processes are inclusive and effective.
- Help raise and address comments and concerns from the public, attend open houses as necessary.
Bureau host: Environmental Services
Contact: Debbie Caselton, 503-823-2831