Golf Advisory Committee Recruitment
Name of Committee: Golf Advisory Committee
Deadline for Applicants: January 31, 2019
Staff Liaison: Vincent Johnson, email@example.com, 503-318-1432
Purpose and Role of the Bureau and Advisory Body
The 10-member Golf Advisory Committee (GAC) advises the Parks & Recreation Director and the Commissioner in charge of Parks on Golf Program-related matters. These include the Golf Program budget review, review of the golf Program’s Capital Improvement Program; review of golf concession contracts and proposals; review of the development, and monitoring of, the Golf Program’s Strategic Plan, the marketing of the municipal Golf System; maximization and use of Golf System revenue.
Committee activities include:
- Advise PP&R Director and Commissioner-in-Charge on Golf Program related matters
- Assist with development of marketing of golf system and growing the game
- Provide input to staff about operating budgets and capital improvement projects, golf course conditions and operating contracts
- Review Strategic Plan initiatives
- To be eligible for the Golf Advisory Committee, members must live, play, worship, work or do business in the City of Portland.
- Total number of advisory seats: 10
- Number of seats available: 4
- You believe in the value of public participation in government process
- You are an advocate for racial equity
- You are available to attend all meetings and participate in the discussions
- You have experience, skills or perspective that can help the Golf Program be successful and financially sustainable as an enterprise fund
- You have experience, skills, or perspective that can help the Golf Program reach underrepresented communities and those not currently participating in the game of golf
Terms & Time Commitment
- A minimum of 8 meetings per calendar year will take place on the second Wednesday of the month at noon on a rotation of Portland Parks Golf Facilities
- Members will serve a term of 3 years or until the project concludes.
- Members are expected to prepare for meetings on their own time. Arrive ready to discuss meeting materials and agenda items. Meeting materials for review may be sent with minimal time to review, potentially as few as 48 hours in advance.
Applications are due on the 31st of January, 2019. Please complete the application to express your interest in the Golf Advisory Committee, and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application information you provide is public information.
To talk with someone about this opportunity or to receive assistance completing the application, please contact the advisory body staff liaison at email@example.com or 503-318-1432.
Download Application here: 2019 Golf Application.
For general questions about the Advisory Bodies program or recruitment process, please email AdvisoryBodies@Portlandoregon.gov.
We Encourage You to Apply
We welcome you to browse our website to learn more about the bureau: https://www.portlandoregon.gov/parks/golf