Portland Housing Advisory Commission Recruitment
Name of Commission: Portland Housing Advisory Commission
Deadline for Applicants: February 21, 2019
Staff Liaison: Jessica Conner, Jessica.Conner@portlandoregon.gov, 503-823-4100
Purpose and Role of the Bureau and Advisory Body
The Portland Housing Advisory Commission (PHAC) is designated as the primary public forum for discussion of housing policy, strategy, and resources in the City of Portland. The mission of PHAC is to advise the Director of the Portland Housing Bureau, the Housing Commissioner, and the Portland City Council on housing and homelessness policy, strategy, and resource issues, promote improvements within the Portland Housing Bureau and the larger housing system, highlight opportunities for influence between the City housing system and other systems, as well as provide a forum for public input on housing and homelessness issues.
PHAC advises the Bureau Director on:
- housing policy and planning
- budget review and recommendations
- resource development
- program development and evaluation
- public-private partnerships
- community and intergovernmental relations
To be eligible for PHAC, members must live, play, worship, work or do business in the City of Portland.
Total number of advisory seats: 12-15
Number of seats available: minimum of 3
- You believe in the value of public participation in government process
- You are an advocate for racial equity and affordable housing at all income levels
- You are available to attend all meetings and participate in the discussions
- You have experience, skills or perspective that can help the Housing Bureau be successful
- You have experience (lived, profession, educational, or other), skills, or perspective that can help reach underrepresented communities and those not currently participating
Terms & Time Commitment
- Meeting take place on the first Tuesday of the month at the Portland Housing Bureau from 3-5pm
- Members will serve a term of 2 years with the option to renew their membership with a maximum of 8 years of service
- Members are expected to prepare for meetings on their own time. Arrive ready to discuss meeting materials and agenda items. Meeting materials for review may be sent with minimal time to review, potentially as few as 48 hours in advance.
Public Official Conduct of Interest Notice
Those selected to serve on this body will be legally considered public officials for the duration of their service. As such, they will be required to publicly disclose potential conflicts of interest. If potential conflicts of interest are not disclosed, individual members are subject to education or monetary sanctions from the Oregon Government Ethics Commission. Having potential conflicts of interest does not preclude you from serving on this body and may not impact your ability to participate fully on this body. Stakeholders often have potential conflicts of interest by the nature of having interest in the work. The Conflict of Interest Disclosure is included in the application. Please fill all conflicts of interest on your application.
Applications are due February 21, 2019. Please complete the application and send it to AdvisoryBodies@PortlandOregon.gov. The application information you provide is public information.
Application (updated on 2/6 due to input errors): https://www.portlandoregon.gov/civic/article/710745
To talk with someone about this opportunity or to receive assistance completing the application, please contact the advisory body staff liaison Jessica Conner at Jessica.Conner@portlandoregon.gov or 503-823-4100.
Voluntary & Confidential Demographic Information
The City is committed to diversity, inclusion, and equity and uses provided demographic information to help ensure that advisory body appointments represent a broad cross-section of community. Your information will not be used during the recruitment nor the selection process. State and federal law prohibit use of this information to discriminate against you. The City will treat this information as confidential to the fullest extent allowed by law. Questions about this may be sent to AdvisoryBodies@Portlandoregon.gov
For general questions about the Advisory Bodies program or recruitment process, please email AdvisoryBodies@Portlandoregon.gov.
We Encourage You to Apply
We welcome you to browse our website to learn more about the bureau: www.portlandoregon.gov/phb
Applications are due February 21, 2019. Please complete the application and send it to AdvisoryBodies@PortlandOregon.gov. The application information you provide is public information, except the Confidential Demographic Information. Application: https://www.portlandoregon.gov/civic/article/710454. To talk with someone about this opportunity or to receive assistance completing the application, please contact the advisory body staff liaison Jessica Conner at Jessica.Conner@portlandoregon.gov or 503-823-4100.