Above is the Elders in Action logo.
Your voice matters, learn how to use it at Elders in Action’s CIVICS 101
Looking to be more involved with city, county, and regional government for your community? Then Elders in Action’s CIVICS 101 is for you. Sponsored by the Multnomah Bar Foundation, participants will learn about the structure and operation of various levels of government, engage with elected officials, and how to advocate for causes in the five-session training series.
Last year’s Civics 101 series was an enormous success and this year’s will explore new jurisdictions. This year, Elders in Action is also partnering with AARP Oregon.
The five sessions are:
- Session #1 Inside the City of Beaverton – Tuesday, March 19th, 1 to 3 p.m.
- Session #2 Inside the City of Portland – Tuesday, March 26th, 1 to 3 p.m.
- Session #3 Inside Washington County – Tuesday, April 2nd, 1 to 3 p.m.
- Session #4 Metro Regional Government – Tuesday, April 9th, 1 to 3 p.m.
- Session #5 Advocacy Forum - Tuesday, April 16th, 1 to 3 p.m.
For more information and registration contact: (503) 595-7530 or firstname.lastname@example.org, A flyer with full information and details is available at CIVICS 101 Flyer 2019 or at the Elders in Action website.