Each week City of Portland Council meetings begin with community “Communications."
Communications begin at 9:30 am. During this period, up to 5 individuals can present information for 3 minutes each. Listeners include the City Council, the audience in attendance and viewers of Council sessions on live stream or on archived video. This means you and four of your colleagues could have up to 15 minutes to communicate vital information to Portland City Council and the community in general.
- Individuals must schedule their own Communications.
- Deadline for scheduling/ signing up is Monday at 5:00 p.m. for the following Wednesday meeting at 9:30 a.m.
- Holiday deadline schedule is Friday at 5:00 p.m. when the holiday falls on Monday, Tuesday, or Thursday.
- Participation is limited to one scheduled communication per calendar month.
Completing and delivering requests:
- Requests should include the date requester wishes to speak, requester’s name, address, phone number and a few sentences regarding the issue.
- The requester’s name and the general subject of the Communication will be published in the Wednesday Agenda. Third-party names will not be published.
Requests may be hand delivered, emailed, or mailed to the Clerk’s office. City Council Clerk’s Office – 1221 SW 4th Ave Room 130 Portland OR 97204, firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact the City Council Clerk’s Office for any questions or for more information.