The City of Portland is holding the following public meetings about the annual budget. The purpose of these meetings is for the Mayor and City Council to receive testimony from community members regarding the budget for the upcoming fiscal year.
Community Work Session with Open Public Testimony (location change)
- Topics: Invited Testimony on Chronic Homelessness to Permanent Supportive Housing and Open Public Testimony by Lottery
- Date/Time: Saturday, April 6, 2019, 10:00am to 12:00pm
- Location: Portland Community College Cascade Campus – Moriarty Arts and Humanities Building, Auditorium, Room 104
- 705 N Killingsworth Street, Portland, OR 97217
- Transit: MAX Yellow Line, Bus Line 44, Bus Line 4, Bus Line 72
- Note regarding April 6 Community Work Session with Open Public Testimony:
- This event includes a panel of presenters followed by public testimony by lottery on any topic.
- Testimony tickets will be available an hour prior to start time. They will be drawn at random. Each speaker will have two minutes to address the council.
- People who would like to give testimony can submit their lottery ticket outside of the Moriarty Arts Auditorium.
- Those who would like to watch the event via livestream can do so in the PCC Cascade Student Union in Room 202.
Community Work Session
- Topics: Invited Testimony and Discussion on Parks, Recreation, and Open Spaces
- Date/Time: Tuesday, April 9, 2019, 6:30pm to 8:30pm
- Location: David Douglas High School – North Cafeteria
- 1001 SE 135th Avenue, Portland, OR 97233
- Transit: Bus Line 20, Bus Line 2
- Note regarding April 9 Community Work Session:
- This event includes testimony from invited constituents and other parties interested in Parks and Recreation's programs and budget.
- Community members are welcome to watch/listen in-person or online at YouTube channel eGov PDX.
- Please also provide opinions and insight to the City online. There will be no public testimony at this event.
Public Hearing on City of Portland and Prosper Portland Proposed Budgets (location change)
- Topic: Public Testimony on the Mayor’s Proposed Budget
- Date/Time: Thursday, May 9, 2019, 6:30pm to 8:30pm
- Location: World Forestry Center – Miller Hall, 4033 SW Canyon Road, Portland, OR 97221
- Transit: Max Red Line, Max Blue Line
- Note on May 9 Public Hearing: Testimony tickets will be available an hour prior to start time.
- They will be drawn at random throughout the course of the event.
- Each speaker will have two minutes to address the council.
Please see these links for details about the budget process and testimony opportunities:
FY 2019-20 Budget Documents
Get Involved in the City’s Budget Process
Budget Testimony Tips
Language Access: Spanish and American Sign Language interpretation will be provided at all events. To request additional accommodation, please contact the City Budget Office at 503-823-6925 or CityBudgetOffice@portlandoregon.gov.
ADA Access: All events are wheelchair accessible.
The City of Portland complies with all non‐discrimination, Civil Rights laws including Civil Rights Title VI and ADA Title II. To request translation, interpretation, accommodation, modifications, or additional information, please contact Alexandra Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org, 503-823-6925, TTY 503-823-6868 or Oregon Relay Service 711.