Deadline for Applicants Open until filled.
Staff Liaison Patrick Jones, email@example.com, 503-823-4633
Application and instructions at bottom of webpage.
Purpose and Role of the Bureau and Advisory Body
BOEC provides all 9-1-1 service within Multnomah County, including police, fire, and medical emergency and non-emergency call answering, triage, and dispatch. The BOEC User Board includes representatives from user jurisdictions and partner agencies within Multnomah County served by BOEC, as well as three community representatives.
The User Board:
- Provides advice and direction to BOEC’s Commissioner-in-Charge and bureau director on policy changes and other matters under consideration.
- Reviews BOEC’s annual budget.
- Serves as a liaison between BOEC and other partner agencies.
- Participates in the planning, development, and implementation of any new operational systems and initiatives impacting BOEC’s budget or partner agency operations.
The BOEC User Board’s community representatives must reside within Multnomah County and include one member from each of the following locations:
- West Portland – reside west of the Willamette River.
- East Portland – reside between the Willamette River and 122nd Avenue.
- East Multnomah County – reside east of 122nd Avenue.
Total number of advisory seats: three.
Number of seats available: three.
- You believe in the value of public participation in government process.
- You are either knowledgeable or interested in 911 systems, emergency services, or both.
- You are available to attend all meetings and participate in the discussions.
- You are an advocate for racial equity and fair treatment, access, opportunity, and advancement for all people.
Terms & Time Commitment
- Meetings are held quarterly (January, April, July, October) on the third Thursday of the month at 1:30 p.m. at BOEC (9911 SE Bush Street, Portland, OR 97266)
- Representatives will serve a term of one year and may be reappointed on an annual basis without a term limitation if they agree to further service.
Public Official Conflict of Interest Notice
Those selected to serve on this body are public officials for the duration of their service. As such, they will be required to publicly disclose potential conflicts of interest. If potential conflicts of interest are not disclosed, individual members are subject to education or monetary sanctions from the Oregon Government Ethics Commission. Having potential conflicts of interest does not preclude you from serving on this body and may not impact your ability to participate fully on this body. Stakeholders often have potential conflicts of interest by the nature of having interest in the work. The Conflict of Interest Disclosure is included in the application.
Applications are accepted until the positions are filled.
Application is available online at https://bit.ly/2Ng2M63
Online submission is the preferred, fastest method to get the application into the hands of the selection committee. It is still recommended that you pre-write and save your answers in a separate document for your records. You may request to submit a Word version of the application. Email AdvisoryBodies@portlandoregon.gov to request a Word version.
To talk with someone about this opportunity or to receive assistance completing the application, please contact the advisory body staff liaison at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-823-4633.
Voluntary & Confidential Demographic Information
The City is committed to diversity, inclusion, and equity. Completing the demographic information is voluntary, but we encourage you to provide that information. The City uses provided demographic information to help ensure that advisory body appointments represent a broad cross-section of community. Your information will not be used during the recruitment nor the selection process. State and federal law prohibit use of this information to discriminate against you. The City will treat this information as confidential to the fullest extent allowed by law. Questions about this may be sent to AdvisoryBodies@Portlandoregon.gov
For general questions about the Advisory Bodies program, the recruitment process, or other upcoming advisory body opportunities please email AdvisoryBodies@Portlandoregon.gov.
We Encourage You to Apply
We welcome you to browse our website to learn more about the bureau. https://www.portlandoregon.gov/911/