New Portlanders Policy Commission (NPPC) Meeting Agenda
Tuesday, November 26, 2019
General Meeting 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM
Conference Call #: (605) 313-5111
Access Code: 225473
City of Portland – Rose Room
Commission Co-Chairs: Sho Dozono, Evelyn Liu
Commission Secretary: Baher Butti
Full Commission Meeting Agenda
5:15-5:30 Light meal and refreshments
5:30-5:45 Swearing in of New NPPC Commissioners, Meghann Davis, Office of the City Auditor
1. Call to order (Sho)
2. Roll Call and Timekeeper (Baher)
3. Welcome New Commissioners (Evelyn/Sho)
4. Review and adoption of the agenda -ACTION ITEM
5. Approval of NPPC meeting minutes from
July and September 2019 -ACTION ITEM
6. Public Comment time
7. Tory Campbell, Director of Economic Development, Prosper Portland
8. Smart Cities Facial Recognition Technology Ban, Judith Mowry, Senior Policy Staff, Office of Equity & Human Rights (OEHR)
9. Executive Committee Update on the Taskforce Report Elements (Sho/Evelyn/Linda)
10. January 2020 Retreat and Save the Date (Linda)
11. Federal Rule and Public Policy Updates:
Public Charge: Lawsuit and Federal Law Judges in NY & CA block rule change.
Immigrant Health Insurance Coverage: 11/2 Portland OR US District Judge issues a 28-day restraining order.
Continuation of DACA Program: Supreme Court decision: tbd in 2020.
Discussion on other issues and updates.
12. Announcements (All)
Emily Gottfried Human Rights Awards 12/11, 11:30-1:30, Tiffany Center, Portland
7:30-8:00 Welcome Reception for new members of New Portlanders Policy Commissioners