Description: The Private-for Hire Transportation Advisory Committee is a citizen advisory body, representing those with interests in PFHT in the City of Portland by:
1. Providing expertise and feedback to the public, Director, and City Council on Portland’s PFHT market, PFHT regulations, and policies, taking into consideration the full range of City goals and objectives.
2. Providing recommendations for regulatory, code, and administrative rule changes affecting the PFHT operators and PFHT services, including service to people with disabilities.
3. Monitoring the application and enforcement of regulations for their effectiveness in achieving the City’s goals.
4. Recommending customer service, permitting, process, and compliance improvements to the Director and/or City Council.
5. Providing input to ensure the budget of the City’s PFHT program is adequate to meet service goals and compliance with all requirements pursuant to Chapter 16.40.
Committee advises bureau director on a perpetual base.
Total seats available: 19
Term length: Three year
Volunteer position description: The Board holds a public meeting the second Wednesday of every other month, 1:30 PM – 3:30 PM, 111 SW Columbia Street, 8thfloor Conference Room. Board members represent the following constituent groups:
1) Revenue Bureau (Board Chair)
2) Bureau of Transportation Management
3) Tourism Industry
4) Persons with Disabilities
5) Riding Public
6) Port of Portland
7) Tri Met
8) Taxicab companies
9) Non-limousine LPT companies
10) SAT companies
11) Limousine companies
12) Pedicab companies
13) Taxicab drivers
14) LPT drivers
Bureau host: Transportation
Contact: Mark Williams, 503-865-2486