September 14, 2005 Co-Leads Agenda & Meeting Notes for BIP #9: Public Involvement
- Debrief of August 31st Team Meeting
- Add any new team members?
BIP #9 Public Involvement Co-Leads Meeting Notes
Amalia Alarcon (for Brian Hoop), Barbara Hart, Eileen Argentina, Laurel Butman, Maija Spencer.
1. Discussion of 8/31 meeting:
Went over some of the key themes of the 8/31 meeting, including:
- Terms to use: “citizens” can be seen as exclusionary, better terms may be: “community members & stakeholders” or “interested parties”
- Summed up business discussion – to catch up Eileen/Amalia
2. New team members:
- Jim Gladson is leaving BES & will need to be replaced on the team
- There still is not a Water Bureau team member
- Eileen will follow-up with Dean Marriott & David Shaff to determine potential members
3. Ongoing day/time for team meetings:
- Leads decided to go back to last Wednesday of every month as ongoing date, as this seemed to best fit schedules of team members.
4. Checklist for ground rules:
Barbara did not bring copy, so this will be discussed at next meeting.
5. Agenda/handouts for next team meeting:
- Discussed looking at other models (PDC, Metro, etc.) – asking how can we use this or improve this?
- Plan questions/discussion for each meeting
- Look at past bureau projects & use to walk through the model
- Introduce topic at one meeting/discuss & ask members to bring feedback from their environments back to the next meeting
- Ask people to review the two sets of public involvement standards (adopted/proposed)
- Discuss at meeting
- Create large versions to hang on walls @ meetings.
- Goal should be to get agenda out at least a week in advance, along with materials to review
Potential Agenda Items for Wednesday, Sept. 28 team meeting:
- Revised Goal – Adoption by Team
- Ground Rules – Adoption by Team
- Work plan?
- Proposed Plan for Future Meetings
- Review of current & proposed public involvement standards
- Exercise: How many ways can projects be categorized?
It was asked how this process will be rolled out.
- Groups members will be ambassadors/share with their environments
- Interested parties will be tracking
- Review/discussion period when draft proposals are available
- Joint meeting between #8 & #9 co-leads
- Pull together public involvement staff in the City of
- Eileen will work on agenda/proposed meeting schedule and identifying two new team members.
- Barbara will prepare ground rules and will create large versions of public standards to hang on wall.
- Laurel/Maija will send proposed meeting schedule to Eileen, 2 sets of public standards to Barbara, will gather info on models of public involvement, and will communicate meeting date change & arrange location.
- Next co-leads meeting to finalize agenda/handouts:
Wednesday, Sept. 21, , Horizon Room, 12th floor,