55 SW Ash Street, Portland, OR 97204
UPDATED: March 2019
Portland Fire & Rescue is discontinuing the Ride - Along program during the recruitment process. Ride - Along applications will not be accepted from any applicant until the conclusion of the recruitment process.
Ride - Along applications will continue to be accepted for the following examples:
1. Requests submitted by civilians who are not participating in the PF&R entry level firefighter recruitment process for the purpose of development (EMT, Paramedic, or Nursing students).
2. Members of the public safety organizations seeking career development exposure.
Individuals interested in a ride-along are required to meet one of the three following criteria:
1. Mandatory continuing education for public service providers
2. Educational development of emergency services students (PCC, OHSU, etc.) This must be a curriculum requirement of their educational studies.
3. Others approved by the Deputy Chief's Office
PLEASE NOTE: If you feel you meet one of the three criteria listed above, please fill out and send via mail the Ride Along Application and Hold Harmless Agreement to: